tbob55

Well Lunger..if you ever decide to leave your comfort zone and fish some deep water I will show you what I have been putting in the boat.

Ahahaha I know what you been puttin in the boat Laughing

Is that an unofficial invite?? Cuz I haven't received a formal one, I keep checking my phone to see if it's broke...but nope, workin just fine. At least you kept Carp in the boat your last trip out Shocked Very Happy

Posted Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:10 am

Alright, alright. That's enough of that.....................The real question is,it's been five days since you posted a picture of a fish...........you slackin' or what?........................The big schools of THE BIG fish are off of Long Island right now..................won't be long!....................LOCK AND LOAD BOYS!!!! ..........................by the way.....what's ol' TBob puttin' in the boat?................ain't no fish slime in it...........................boat must be full of buffet vouchers for all that money he's handing over to the indians or somethin'. Very Happy

Posted Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:33 pm

Planning on heading out Saturday. Will work river from goodspeed to the jettys in Old Saybrook. If they are there I plan on finding them. Or else I will go back to old favorite spot on Mystic river. Twisted Evil

Posted Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:29 pm

ReefRat,anything worth reporting?.............bait,birds,fish,etc.?

Posted Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:49 pm

Trolled tubes from Chester through Hamburg Cove all the way to dock n dine, then casted sluggos south of the RR bridge then tried several different spots on way back up. To look at the bright side was a nice day for a boat ride and got to catch up with my cousin. Maybe next time we head north?

Posted Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:03 am

Thanks for the report! Too bad no fish yet. Soon though,very soon.

Posted Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:06 am

keep thinking, that there will be no report when the fish are here, because when they start to run, no one will leave and take time to update the site. I will take raido silence to mean there here!!!!

Posted Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:55 am

ReefRat,in regards to your earlier post/report...........This has been an ongoing debate around here and Mr. Lung will hold his position as I will mine. You see,he and his crew jump out there early every year and do boat some fish with some keepers mixed in. Gotta give them their credit. But they put in ALOT of time up there because those guys basically go to work when they feel like it.Wink (must be nice!) He will say that those fish are fish that have migrated early and I contend that those fish have over-wintered in the river. Now whose right? Who knows? But I do know one thing and that is that "The Spring Run" is not officially on yet. The fish are not thick in the river and I'm sure even Aqualung will agree with me on that. As for the area where you fished,well if I were you I would stay put because they gotta migrate past you to get to me and the areas I fish as they gotta get past me to go see the "CT River North Crew" and so on and so forth. I've seen one report of actual spring migration fish at the mouth so far,mostly school bass with a couple of keepers mixed in. I know it's game on on the South shore of Long Island right now and has been for a week. When will they arrive here in numbers? Could be a week,maybe two,I'd be surprised if it took as long as three weeks but make no mistake about it,it's still early and there is no reason for concern about a trip that didn't produce...........In regards to AngryJohn's post. I don't think we're gonna have any radio silence around here. This thread is something we've been doing for a few seasons now and it's turned a little competitive. Trust me,guys start smacking fish,they're gonna post. I know I will! Of course some of the details may be sketchy as no one wants to land on a honey-hole,have a blast boating a bunch of cows,post it on the internet and have fifty boats to contend with the next day. Last years thread is entitled "Spring striper run is HOT again!!
and is in the Striped Bass Reports on the message board. The year before last is called "CT river striper report 2010" and it's located in freshwater reports................also a source of debate as to were this annual thread belongs..................can't figure out how to post the direct links to previous threads,if anyone knows how feel free.

Last edited by carp13 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:17 pm

I guess there is always bragging rights to deal with. I keep reading about the diehards that stay up all night during the run and look like a trainwreck at work the next day. Mostly get my info for this on stripers24/7.com Never had one so looking to get at least one day of the run chasing them!!!!!

Posted Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:22 pm

Watch out fellas...Slinger called a while ago and said they are prediciting the river coming up 5 feet....oh yeah! game on by the end of the week I think

Posted Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:17 pm

SHEEEEEEEEET!!! I hope so! I'm about to get deathly ill..........as far as my boss will think anyway!

Posted Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:37 pm

Thanks carp. Don't worry one day out on the water doesn't make the season. I did do some scouting around found a couple spots that looked promising. Won't have to worry if I see them I'll let you know when (maybe not where) I also feel a touch of Striper fever coming on. Remember a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work.

Posted Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:57 pm

Quick report, hit the river with Slinger last evening, water is up and a bit dirty, I dropped a decent fish and managed a 32" both hit an eel.
I will post pic when I get a chance

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:45 am

Lower Hudson is lighting up as well as southern side of LI. Talked to my guy in stonington and bunker are arriving and squid and bass shouldn't be too far behind. However, I haven't heard much about migratory stripers anywhere in numbers in central or eastern Ct. I'm hoping this weekend sees some fish in the lower river.

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:45 am

You guys keep waiting for the bait, and we'll keep catchin Wink

Squid have been being caught around Point Judith for about a week now

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:20 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links