Some keepers in my neck of the woods in the Housy (Shelton,Derdy CT). Fish outgoing tide at night. They are taking black slug-go, Bomber A-Salt Minnows and Diawa SP Minnows. All black or dark colors. Soon we will be able to walk across bait fish that come up river and it will be game on !! We have a dam on the river where the fish can go no futher !

Posted Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:14 pm

Two fish boated, biggest 33"...a few smacks on top of that. North of Midddletown..Slingin eels, water temp down to 48, and cleared quite a bit from a few days ago. It's dropping though. Bob will post pics i'm sure. I'm having an issue uploading em....

Posted Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:47 pm

Been interesting the past couple days on the river.

As we all know if there are no pictures it didn't happen.

Posted Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:02 am

WOW! Nice guys!......................Is that a brown or a salmon and what did it hit? Good catch Captain!

Posted Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:28 am

carp13

Is that a brown or a salmon and what did it hit? Good catch Captain!

I wasn't sure myself carp but according to the diagram I saw the jaw was that of a brown...one of the same to me anyways.

Caught on a 5" chartreuse plastic.

Posted Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:42 am

Nice Brown LUNG!

Posted Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:22 pm

Nice fish Slinger and 'Lung. Now if you post pics like that from today I'll feel pretty shitty. With the water temp dropping back to 45 and the river sh*t brown, I decided to venture north, putting in at Wethersfield and hoping for pike and to scout towards the mouth of the Farmington. I've never fished up there, and not anticipating a great day, decided to explore. Spent more time running than fishing, and only managed a few L/SM. Ran as high as the 291 bridge. Did see that there is a ramp there. Public???? Can't wait for some warmer and clearer water!

Posted Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:39 pm

http://www.ctfishfinder.com/map.php?zoom=19&lat=41.813&lon=-72.64704&layers=0B000F0TTTFTFFTFFF

If you're talking about this one, yes, it's DEEP Maintained

Last edited by pramsey on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:17 pm

Fished yesterday morning for a couple of hours. The guy I was with missed the only chance at a fish we had when a pike took a swipe at his jig and bit him off right in front of him. From that point on we fished leaders but no dice.

Posted Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:48 am

Thanks pramsey. Carp, my 2 fish probably didn't weigh 2 lbs. No target fish = skunked. Hoping the striper fishing picks back up, and I'm looking for the first of those migrating fish.

Posted Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:23 pm

Wind was blowing out of the North hard in the past couple days, but managed a few...Biggest being just short of 28"..Could have made it with a stretch, but she wasn't quite there. most fish appear to be loaded females. The one Bob has looks like a male...Good times, thanks Bob and Tom....All fish boated aboard "The Peter James" The only boat North of Middletown to consistantley put thier crew on fish Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by slinger on Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:31 pm

You guys fishing eels/live bait or soft plastics/leadheads? I'm looking forward to the herring running and bringing them up to the top!

Posted Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:46 pm

yes and yes....eels and lead. Chartruse and albino. No chunking or anything used. However my buddy, we can call him coach, fished large shiners with some success this past couple days.

Posted Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:52 pm

I did give it a shot Wednesday. Fished south of Hartford with eels. Only bump of the day turned out to be a catfish. Anyways Mr. TBob seems like he might be coming out of hibernation. He's supposed to head out this morning. Maybe we'll get a report out of him? Shocked

Posted Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:56 am

carp13

Anyways Mr. TBob seems like he might be coming out of hibernation. He's supposed to head out this morning. Maybe we'll get a report out of him? Shocked

I can't wait to hear the excuses, it was too cold, it was too windy, the water was too dirty Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Razz

Posted Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:25 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links