My typical happy face with last nights fish Rolling Eyes

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:44 pm

That's funny....................I looked just like that yesterday while loading the yak on the car............not a bite...............there were no fish where I decided to soak my eels.

Posted Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:18 am

Lung and I decided to hit the muddy water on the main river to see what this minor flood brought up with it. I had pretty low expectations with the conditions the way they were. We maybe had 4" of visibility if that. My expectations changed quickly as the CBE's were a little aggressive.. As amped up as the eels were, nothing doing Confused a couple small hits, one dropped, and thats it. Time to start slingin plastics and here we go That's right I actually started throwing plastics. We ended up with a couple fish, biggest being this 33" cow...Freaking huge gut on this monster..was caught on a 5" chartruse/pepper houdini with a 3/8 lead head.....I aint liking this wind today, hopefully it lays down by the evening run. Bob might have a couple pics as my phone was getting wet and malfunctioning.....

Last edited by slinger on Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:21 am

Yup....good evening on the water again with Slinger, his fish was a PIG...my fish just jumped in the boat somehow Wink
Please note the stylish yellow shirt I am sporting, it's there, just for those
who care Cool

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:14 am

Nice fish "Mark The Shark", "Slinger" or whatever your calling yourself these days.Wink .......................yooz guyz suck!..........................Can't believe yooz were catchin' today.......drove over the Charter Oak Bridge on the way home from work,and even though it has dropped a couple of feet ,still looks like chocolate milk,if not worse.....................gotta give you your props tho...........yooz guyz are doin' it.(More so you than Mr. Nobama anyways.) Very Happy.................That's a legit fish there.................yooz guyz suck! .............................more than anything,I see that fish and not more than an hour ago I told the "Old Lady" that I'd stay home Sunday and get some sh*t done around here..............................................SON OF A B!TCH!!!!

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:48 pm

Careful Carp you will find yourself stuck fishing with tbob the rest of the year Shocked
If you haven't figured it out yet, I just know how to take better pictures than the Shark slinger guy. I taught him everything I know and he still don't know nuttin Wink

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:16 pm

....................that's only if he decides to do any fishing this year!............was just bustin' your chops anyway,you know that................but I think Slinger might have longer arms than you though! Laughing .............that's why his fish photos look better,nothing to do with photography skills! Wink

Posted Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:45 am

carp13

............was just bustin' your chops anyway,you know that................but I think Slinger might have longer arms than you though! Laughing .............that's why his fish photos look better,nothing to do with photography skills! Wink

Way to back peddle Carp. Gotta keep your options open. Laughing

Posted Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:53 am

Way to back peddle Carp. Gotta keep your options open.

The same thing was going threw my head!!!!

Posted Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:50 am

I guess i'm on a little roll. Razz Razz Razz ...Notice my elbows are bent. My arms aren't as long as you think. Laughing Laughing Here's a couple pics of a 36 1/2" picked up last night. The toughest fight I can remember having on the river. Special thanks to the best net man ever on this one Wink

Posted Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:29 am

...........yep,I'd say you are on a roll. That's a nice fish!

Posted Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:54 pm

Some mighty nice fish Slinger! I fished Haddam to Hamburg Saturday, without seeing any schools. I might have to fish up in the Hartford area next weekend for the TAVF Tourny. There we some fish lurking around, but I've been waiting for topwater action. Saw a few tail swirls and lost one fish in Salmon Cove. Switched to fishing bass, pike and in Chapman's Pond, catfish. The bite there was red hot with lots of fish in the 3-4lb. range that provided a good fight on light tackle.

The squid and other bait is now flooding into LIS, and fish are being caught out there. My river fishing may be drawing to a close.

Posted Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:06 pm

I was able to get my buddy Tommy out yesterday and he ended up with a 34 1/2. The fishing has been slow with only a couple of fish being taken a night. However last night as Tom was pulling his eel into the boat a nice fish came up after it, then another nice fish attacked a silver plug I was throwing, but missed. I saw the entire fish, had to be around 30". That tells me to break out your top water, its right around the corner......

Posted Tue May 01, 2012 3:38 pm

i am just curious, do these fish end up on the dinner table or back in the water? I dont mind either way, as would eat fish, but the wife gave me the warning about bringing home any stinky fish. I was going to eat the 22" brown trout i brought home, but it went to my neibor who was very greatful. "He was the back-up plan" I have only kept one, and most likely will let them all go unless i get a trophy. Then it may still go back if i get some great pics.

Posted Tue May 01, 2012 5:47 pm

I personally kill them all Shocked they make great dog food

Posted Tue May 01, 2012 6:16 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links