tbob55

Mr.Lung,it seems that big schoolie was just too much for you and your tackle to handle....was that one of those cheap tag sale rods you were using???

What part of the above post did you not understand, I do not use heavy gear...but regardless, let me approach it a different way.

Yes it was a schoolie in fact that snapped my rod, now, Mr tbob sir, I find your comment to be a bit out of line, for the record I did boat the fish Razz ALSO I have caught many schoolies this year including trout, Small mouth etc out on the river...would you mind sharing one picture of one fish that you have caught on the river this spring...nuff said! now keep your yap shut unless you have a picture of a fish to back it up Very Happy

Posted Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:34 pm

Posted Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:16 pm

Got out today.Water temps were 49 degrees at Hartford and 53 degrees in Wethersfield Cove. No fish today. Not much water either. I really hate to ask for it but I think were gonna need some rain.

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:03 pm

You do better on your own Carp...the guy you was fishin with is a bit rusty Cool Laughing

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:34 pm

I'm really worried about the lack of rain. We're looking at flow levels more typical of July. The spring runoff from the Q usually turns over the water in Hanover Pond and flushes everything out before the spawning. Not so this year, and the water is sh*t. Any sign of significant numbers of herring coming up the CT River? Looking at the Salmon River in NY, it's running about 1300-1500cfs below average. I hope these weather patterns don't completely screw the fishing.

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:11 pm

Same in the SE part of the state, RNA. Ponds & streams are all low 'cause of the mild snow free winter. Praying for rain!

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:45 pm

Well said Lung...hey that sturgeon had one 2 years ago now I know what it was. Great catch

Posted Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:10 am

After a tough week on the river, low water, windy and basically no fish, once again Slinger and I hit the river for some more abuse.
However things picked up a little last night thanks to Slinger's nautical skills he put me on a few fish, my best being this hefty male which came on a Chesapeake Bay eel Wink the other fish being
2 smallies and 2 schoolies which came on small white plastics.

Posted Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:05 am

Nice fish 'Lung. You gotta keep wearing that yellow sweatshirt so we all know where to fish! Very Happy CT Outfitters has reported the herring moving in to the mouth with a lot of schoolies arriving. I'm going out tonight and tomorrow. Hoping to finally catch some stripers.

Posted Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:47 am

aqualung

However things picked up a little last night thanks to Slinger's nautical skills he put me on a few fish, my best being this hefty male which came on a Chesapeake Bay eel

Thanks for the compliment, by my nautical skills have nothing to do with it. It all in the "Peter James". Now that dude could fish, and to this day he guides that boat to fish. The CPB eels probably have alot to do with it too. Laughing Laughing The junk locals eels have nothing on em... the cat's outta the bag..... Wink Wink

Posted Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:57 am

Not to be a prick, but you bank fisherman have to have some common sence. If you haven't realized it yet with 30' more of bank space to fish from, we have no water. Now I do my best to avoid your space, but the channel is very narrow, and fishing spots are limited. I accedently hooked one of your lines last night and in order to save both our rigs I motored up river to unhook our lines. Your welcome...But the moron your with, sees all this happening and leaves his line in downstream right below my boat?????? prop wraps his line, nightmare for me, cut line for you......wtf??? wake up and pay attention to whats going on instead of commenting "f'in white boys, what an ahole" I know you can throw your sandworms halfway across the river with that 3oz lead, but these instances can be avoided by just a little common sence from everyone......

Posted Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:46 am

If you haven't realized it yet with 30' more of bank space to fish from, we have no water.

If I p*ssed in the Quinnipiac, it would double the flow. I never seen spring water levels this low since I moved up here.

Posted Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:10 pm

Not too shabby there Lunger........bout time.

Posted Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:46 pm

tbob55

Not too shabby there Lunger........bout time.

Awww thanks tbob, means a lot coming from a big hitter like you.

Now that I think about it, I'm still waiting to see a 12" schoolie from you this year.

Posted Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:02 pm

Well Lunger..if you ever decide to leave your comfort zone and fish some deep water I will show you what I have been putting in the boat. I dont have the same "narcissistic "trait you have. No need to post pics. A striper is a striper is a striper.

(if you need another word lesson please feel free to PM me)

Posted Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:58 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links