Where, oh where has my high rollin' buddy gone? ............Oh where, oh where can he BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE? Laughing

Posted Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:04 pm

Yup....gave it a shot.....where I fished was devoid of any sign of life.......excuses?....none,tbob dont roll that way!

by the way, seems kinda funny none of lung or slingers pics have a date on them....whatz up with that???

Posted Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:38 pm

by the way, seems kinda funny none of lung or slingers pics have a date on them....whatz up with that???

Are you serious????

And WTF is "devoid"??? I aint so smart as you

WAIT till you see what Slinger put in the boat tonight Laughing

Posted Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:48 pm

ok...I will help you out on this one....devoid ="completely lacking of".......so theres your word lesson for the day!

I was only wondering about the photos cause you look 5 yrs younger in those pics.....you handsome devil you!

oh really?.....so lets see it...why hold back now???
(hope it at least has todays newspaper in the pic)

Posted Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:13 am

I will help you out on this one....devoid ="completely lacking of".......so theres your word lesson for the day!

OOhhhh I get it kinda like that little guy on fantasy island...de-plane de-plane..
De-void De-void, I should have figured that out.

Slinger is holding out....he has the pic on his phone

Posted Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:27 am

I put my eel rod down and picked up a 5" albino houdini on a 3/8 jig head in about 5-6' of water. First cast and whammo!!!! The fight was on.
.......The sturgeon was about 4' long, I didn't want to waste time measuring and weighing...just a couple quick pics and she swam away safely..This isn't the highlight of the night though. That would be the 20" monster schoolie that hit bobs plastic at the boat and snapped his rod in 2 Twisted Evil Good times, now where is the water, and the cows?

Posted Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:26 am

This post probably didn't belong here in spring run, but oh well....... BRING ON THE WIND!!!!!!!!!

Posted Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:00 am

We certainly been catching a variety of fish this spring, I guess when the stripers are not here, you gotta pick on something else.

Was fun watching you haul in that Sturgeon.

You need to post that picture under the species section of the site, click on the "Anglers" tab and go to species.

Posted Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:37 am

Very Cool Exclamation

Posted Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:38 am

Wow in the fifty years ive been fishing in Connecticut thats only the 2nd stergeon ive seen caught ...and it looks real healthy also did you manage to return it in good shape? ...Imagine there use to be runs of them in the river couple hundred years ago now there only a few ....NICE 1 for the photo album for sure

Posted Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:59 am

nwdarkcloud

did you manage to return it in good shape?

Slinger wrote
just a couple quick pics and she swam away safely

Posted Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:45 pm

Lung. WTF dude you got schooled by a school bass? Snapped your rod?................Man I thought you were some kind of guru or sumpthin'......................Guess I gotta rethink this thing and find a new hero. Laughing .....................nice catch Slinger!!!

Posted Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:18 pm

carp13

Lung. WTF dude you got schooled by a school bass? Snapped your rod?................Man I thought you were some kind of guru or sumpthin'......................Guess I gotta rethink this thing and find a new hero. Laughing

Dude!!! Have no fear Lung is here....don't believe everything Slinger says, that schoolie was at least 21 inches hit just as I was going to lift my lure, and I had the drag a tad too tight apparently and shhnnnappp!!
Remember I don't use the surf rods you guys use on the river, I prefer BIG fish on light tackle

Posted Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:34 pm

Thanks lung missed that when I read it first time ...eyes must be getting blury in my old age ...lol

Posted Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:56 pm

very kool indeed slinger!......nice job!.....as for you Mr.Lung,it seems that big schoolie was just too much for you and your tackle to handle....was that one of those cheap tag sale rods you were using???

Posted Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:16 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links