pramsey

Carp.... 2nd to last on the east side or west side?

carp13

Yeah,the more the merrier,welcome aboard! ..................Hertzy,the cabin is the second to the last one at the opposite end of the lake. We all probably oughta park at the same area.

east side, it's quite a paddle for old,out of shape dudes. Wink

Posted Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:34 pm

17th is alright with me, as far as the cabin goes,I'll try to request that day when I speak to them but the parking area is bigger than I thought so that can work too but we should start early if we do that so there's room for everyone,say 7am. I'm up for even earlier than that,I may show up about 5 but maybe but that may not be for everyone. An early start is good too because if I'm not mistaken there is an idle restriction for powerboats on Sundays until 10am or later I think. We can get most of our fishing in before the jet skis and water skiers show up.

Posted Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:43 pm

its a sunday so it works for me!!I'm actually mapping it right now!!

Posted Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:45 am

carp13

pramsey

Carp.... 2nd to last on the east side or west side?

carp13

Yeah,the more the merrier,welcome aboard! ..................Hertzy,the cabin is the second to the last one at the opposite end of the lake. We all probably oughta park at the same area.

east side, it's quite a paddle for old,out of shape dudes. Wink

Or "not quite old, but not young either" out of shape dudes too! Very Happy

Posted Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:01 am

17th it is.
Might even go there this Sunday to check it out.

Posted Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:42 am

As I was on my way for my Saturday morning constitutional breakfast, something struck me. No, not another driver, or a bolt of lightning! We’re now officially into summer and as I reached for the blower switch to reduce the chill (I don't have AC and the window was up), if this thing doesn’t go down on the 17th, we may be ice fishing in August!

Now that I am home again, my wife reminded me that the 17th is also the due date of my 3rd grandchild (second granddaughter, although they never arrive on time, especially girls) so if we get to do it, and you see me paddling for where ever it is we park like I’ve got a shark on my tail, that’s why?

Last edited by pramsey on Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:38 am

Looks like 5 at the moment.
1. Hertzy (permission pending?)
2. Carp
3. Pramsey
4. Jimmybatts
5. Mac636

I've got a small grill that cooks about 8 burgers at a time. Plenty of condiments left over from a party I recently attended. More burgers and dogs than I can eat in the freezer as well.

Someone bring dog & burger rolls and chips we'll be good to go.

I know Carp"s yak will be sufficiently loaded, but just to let everyone else know this is BYOB.

Lunker pool $10 or $20???

Posted Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:06 pm

Just got the word,it's a no-go on the cabin. His septic system has failed and he's looking at a huge bill to put a new one in. He's also in trouble with the property owner's association over there so he's not even throwing any shin-digs himself. Looks like the shore fishing area it is. I'll bring the rolls................As far as the cooler being stocked,I built a new one with rod holders on it just like the old one. I'll bring the one I retired along. If it fits on anyone's yak and they want it they can have it. It looks a little rough but it is very functional.Besides that I have a buddy that I fish the sound with,I'll give him a call and see if he can make it. He's got a 16' Tarpon,cool boat!

Posted Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:10 pm

mac636

Looks like 5 at the moment.
1. Hertzy (permission pending?)
2. Carp
3. Pramsey
4. Jimmybatts
5. Mac636

I've got a small grill that cooks about 8 burgers at a time. Plenty of condiments left over from a party I recently attended. More burgers and dogs than I can eat in the freezer as well.

Someone bring dog & burger rolls and chips we'll be good to go.

I know Carp"s yak will be sufficiently loaded, but just to let everyone else know this is BYOB.

Lunker pool $10 or $20???

Mac you forgot about Don (iamabasshole)......Don you in?.............................Lunker pool?...I'm in for $10 or $20 ,whatever everybody wants to do.

Posted Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:29 pm

carp13

Mac you forgot about Don (iamabasshole)......Don you in?.............................Lunker pool?...I'm in for $10 or $20 ,whatever everybody wants to do.

Just haven't seen his confirmation on the date. Hope he can make it.

Posted Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:29 pm

Wife said, we got nothing that day, so...... I'm in! I can bring a bag or two of chips, and some rolls as well. Won't know if I'll be alone, or with a kid or a friend till we get closer to the day. If I'm alone, I'll be there early like carp, if I have one of my sons, it will be a little later. Looking forward to it!

Posted Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:03 pm

FYI,
If you print directions from this site, do not go onto Lakewood Drive. It is a single dirt lane which goes to cottages on the West shore. The roof top launch is on CT-207 about 1/4 mile from entrance of Lakewood Dr.

Posted Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:56 pm

REAL MEN FISH IN BOATS!!!!Real boats

Posted Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:01 pm

I gotta go on a diet, otherwise I won't fit into a kayak anymore and I'll have to join you and get a real boat.

Posted Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:29 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links