The dam is at the launch site. About 15+' deep in front of the dam if my depth finder is correct. 6-8' along eastern side. Never traveled the length of the western shore. I stayed closer to the islands where the slow zones were. The far end didn't seem much deeper, but had good weed cover. Didn't have a chance to really get into the weeds. Gonna do that Sunday.

Posted Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:23 pm

Thanks mac! I didn't come up with a plan yet. May just see what the morning looks like, and go from there.

Posted Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:49 am

Looks like head count is about 8 at most. If anyone else on the site hasn't spoken up about coming, speak up now.
At this point in time, I'm only packing 16 burgers and a dozen dogs (plus a few cold ones).
Got fresh propane for the grill and will pull the meat out of the freezer Saturday.
I'm ready!

Posted Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:40 pm

If there's anything else (legal) that is needed, let me know. Chips, condiments whatever, I'll pick up the slack.

Posted Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:59 pm

pramsey

If there's anything else (legal) that is needed, let me know. Chips, condiments whatever, I'll pick up the slack.

If you have a specific brand or kind of chips, then by all means, bring a bag or two.

Posted Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:17 pm

I'm just bringing burgers and dogs with the basic condiments (mustard, ketchup & relish).
If anyone wants to bring chips, paper plates, potato salad, forks, be my guest. I'm sure it will get eaten.

Posted Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:31 pm

joef

Sorry , I'm late for the party... I to might be interested in a get together... but I do wish it was salt water. Wink

See...if you guys did the salt you might hook into something exciting Wink
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/13/kayaker-catches-shark_n_897618.html

Last edited by aqualung on Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:57 pm

Yeah I saw that the other day! I'm still not sure if he's just plain lucky, or just plain stupid! Touch the leader, then cut the line!!!!!

Posted Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:30 pm

ehertzfeld

Yeah I saw that the other day! I'm still not sure if he's just plain lucky, or just plain stupid! Touch the leader, then cut the line!!!!!

If you saw it you should have posted your infinite wisdom and helped your yak brothers out, it hit the news yesterday I believe.

Posted Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:34 pm

aqualung

ehertzfeld

If you saw it you should have posted your infinite wisdom and helped your yak brothers out, it hit the news yesterday I believe.

My infinite wisdom????? I have none! Did you not know I got married.............................................................. twice???

Posted Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:47 pm

My infinite wisdom????? I have none! Did you not know I got married.............................................................. twice???

You better hope she don't see your post

Posted Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:57 pm

aqualung

Na! only if I show her! Very Happy

Posted Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:36 am

ehertzfeld

aqualung

Na! only if I show her! Very Happy

According to your infinite wisdom again???

Posted Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:18 am

told ya I had none! Very Happy

Posted Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:39 am

Alright fellas we're all set. Plan on 7am at the launch. Me and Mac are meeting earlier but are paddling in at 7 to meet everybody. Elon if your boys are coming you better dump some cold water on them or something cuz 9 o'clock ain't gonna cut it!

Posted Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:46 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links