carp13

Wouldn't be these tow guys would it?

On May 24, 2012 Officer Stanko received information that a man was selling undersized striped bass out of his pick-up truck in Manchester. He conducted surveillance on the area for some time before watching the exchange between two men of cash and an intact fish. He approached the men and upon further investigation learned there were also marijuana sales taking place. One of the men had several prior fish and game arrests, and both had lengthy criminal histories. Both men were arrested on scene for multiple violations including Illegal sale of striped bass, Illegal possession of striped bass, and Illegal possession/sale of marijuana.

No wonder they haven't posted lately!

LMAO, and I just figured Alzheimer's was kicking in and they forgot how to use the puter! Laughing Evil or Very Mad

Posted Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:35 pm

Current Attendees as of 6/20/12: 8
mac636
carp13
pramsey
ehertzfeld +?
ctspropro +1
rxpxtx
x182dan +1(maybe)

Posted Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:57 pm

im going to try and go with my dad, we have kayaks and i will be fly fishing. my dad will either fly fish or use soft plastics. no official word yet, but i will do my best to try and go.

Posted Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:58 pm

Ok, I got some practice in this am with my spinning gear! Been a while since I used them! LOL Can't wait to get together!

Posted Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:31 pm

Couple of nibbles from some on-line friends. When a deadline (for food purposes) comes up I'll put the squeeze on them. Anyone care to offer up a little insight on the water clarity there? Also, I dont have a portable gas grill, but I have a big round webber that could make the trip.

Posted Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:36 pm

Haven't been there since last year. Launch site near dam at southern end had 4-5ft clarity. Along the eastern shore there are areas with large boulders and sandy bottom that is very clear. Very easy to see bottom at 5+ feet. Northern end wasn't as clear, possibly due to higher bottom vegetation. No excessive algae bloom affecting water clarity last year, but with the warm winter this past season, don't know what it may be like now.

Posted Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:15 am

Something that mac posted, that hertzy posted Laughing http://www.ctfishfinder.com/phpBB2/post31322.html?highlight=#31322

Posted Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:55 am

Current Attendees as of 6/27/12: 12
mac636
carp13
pramsey
ehertzfeld +?
ctspropro +1
rxpxtx +4 (John & wife, Mase & son) all yaks
x182dan +1(maybe)

Last edited by mac636 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:07 pm

Getting close to that time.
Remember, this is not a full blown event. This is a good time with people who love to fish.
Last year we kept it simple. We should do the same this year as well.
Lake Williams has a nice grassy area along the shore next to the launch site. No picnic tables on site for a full layout of food. Nice shady tree right next to lot.
If someone has a small fold out table and wish to bring it, that would be fine for condiments, potato salad & chips.
This is a sampling of what we might need:
Hamburgers/buns
Hotdogs/buns
chips
potato and/or mac salad
condiments
paper plates/utensils
paper towels
Garbage bag
portable grill with cooking utensils (could use 2)
And of course, your favorite liquid refreshment (this is BYOB).

These are just some simple suggestions to get the ball rolling. As people commit to bringing something, I'll keep posting an updated list of who is bringing what.

Last year we finished fishing at 1:00PM, pulled the yaks on shore, ate and drank a few while bullshittin for a few hours, then loaded up and went on our merry way. Probably headed out around 4:00 PM (I think).

Posted Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:25 pm

I have a 5 or 6 ft folding table (I think I can get in my car with the yak on top) and I'm good for some potato and/or mac salad/ and maybe some coleslaw, and oh yeah, my favorite beverage!

Posted Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:44 pm

I'm good for the burgers and cheese. I'll get nice ones, not those little hockey pucks. Do I figure on 2 each?

Posted Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:31 pm

pramsey

Something that mac posted, that hertzy posted Laughing http://www.ctfishfinder.com/phpBB2/post31322.html?highlight=#31322

So this is something that mac posted, that hertzy posted, that paul posted? I'll try to pay more attention!

Posted Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:59 pm

I'm good for paper plates,paper towels,utensils,garbage bag,a table (if you can't fit one in your car Paul,let me know) and anything else we don't have spoken for by the time we're set.

Posted Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:59 am

I got my little grill, and can grab some chips, or hot dogs/rolls, or both! Just let me know what kind of chips people like.

Posted Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:42 am

Current Attendees as of 6/30/12: 12
mac636
carp13
pramsey
ehertzfeld +?
ctspropro +1
rxpxtx +4 (John & wife, Mase & son) all yaks
x182dan +1(maybe)

Food list is currently as follows:
Carp13: paper plates, utensils, paper towels, garbage bag, (table?)
Pramsey: Potato salad or variations thereof, (table?)
rxpxtx: burgers/cheese/ buns
Hertzy: Grill (with cooking utensils) and chips (standard chips, doritos, whatever your kids will finish off when you bring the leftovers home)
mac636: hotdogs, rolls, assorted condiments

If any of the others would like to bring something, maybe some dessert like watermelon or a fruit salad?

And of course, please bring your own beverages.

Carp & Pramsey can determine who is bringing the table, depending on vehicle space available.
If you don't like sitting on the guardrail of the parking area or sitting on the ground, bring your own chair.

If you are unable to attend and you are on the food item list, please post here so we can adjust as necessary.

If you are catch and release, bring your own camera to take photo of your fish for pool. Identical measuring sticks will be issued to all.

Posted Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:22 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links