mac636
carp13
pramsey
ehertzfeld
ctspropro +1
rxpxtx +2 (Mase & son)
x182dan +1(maybe)

Food list is currently as follows:
Carp13: paper plates, utensils, paper towels, garbage bag, (table?)
Pramsey: Potato salad or variations thereof, (table?)
rxpxtx: burgers/cheese/ buns
Hertzy: Grill (with cooking utensils) and chips (standard chips, doritos, whatever your kids will finish off when you bring the leftovers home)
mac636: hotdogs, rolls, assorted condiments

If any of the others would like to bring something, maybe some dessert like watermelon or a fruit salad?

And of course, please bring your own beverages.

Carp & Pramsey can determine who is bringing the table, depending on vehicle space available.
If you don't like sitting on the guardrail of the parking area or sitting on the ground, bring your own chair.

If you are unable to attend and you are on the food item list, please post here so we can adjust as necessary.

If you are catch and release, bring your own camera to take photo of your fish for pool. Identical measuring sticks will be issued to all.

Last edited by mac636 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:58 pm

Mac, next to my name, you can take out the +? and leave it blank.

Also, with 10 confirmed participants, my little grill will be working over time to feed everyone! If anyone has a small camping grill and could bring it, that would be great! Two grills going will be much better.

Posted Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:26 pm

ehertzfeld

Also, with 10 confirmed participants, my little grill will be working over time to feed everyone! If anyone has a small camping grill and could bring it, that would be great! Two grills going will be much better.

I'm bringing the 2nd grill. Found the one I want and getting it this week.
We'll be just fine.

Posted Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:39 pm

I should be able to attend..hopefully nothing should come up.
I have a Good size water melon in the fridge.

I read through all the posts...may have missed..what time is everyone scheduled to arrive?

Posted Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:32 pm

snapper, this is from another post about the yak-together.

Looks like Lake Williams in Lebanon (272 acres) is the place. Sunday, July 8th is the date.
Start time 7AM and back to dock at 1PM. If you launch early and do some fishing before 7AM, just be back at launch site at 7 for the official start. Nothing caught before 7AM will qualify for lunker pool.
I'll modify the measurement strips from last year to be a bit more rigid so it will be easier to lay fish on and take a picture for Lunker pool.
Lunker pool at $10 like last year? CASH ONLY, NO CHECKS.
Must have camera/phone to take pic of your fish to qualify for pool. Most of us are catch & release, but if you keep em, we'll measure at launch site at 1PM.
Post if you will be attending so we can figure out lunch for after. Everyone usually just posts what they can bring for a food item and we figure it out as we go. BYOB is the norm.

I know myself, mac, and carp will be there earlier. I'm thinking around 5:30-6:00

Last edited by ehertzfeld on Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:44 pm

mac636

ehertzfeld

I'm bringing the 2nd grill. Found the one I want and getting it this week.
We'll be just fine.

EXCELENT!!!!!

Posted Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:44 pm

wow you guys are early birds. Thanks ehertzfeld....I'm not sure if that time is going to work for me.

Posted Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:15 pm

Looks like good weather for Sunday. Hope to see you all there.

Current Attendees as of 7/06/12: 12
mac636
carp13
pramsey
ehertzfeld
ctspropro +1
rxpxtx +3 (Mase & son) & Phil (I think I have this right)
x182dan
diggadave24

7:00 AM to 1:00 PM.

Food list is currently as follows:
Carp13: paper plates, utensils, paper towels, garbage bag, (table?)
Pramsey: Potato salad or variations thereof, (table?)
rxpxtx: burgers/cheese/ buns
Hertzy: Grill (with cooking utensils) and chips (standard chips, doritos, whatever your kids will finish off when you bring the leftovers home)
mac636: hotdogs, rolls, assorted condiments & backup grill.

If any of the others would like to bring something, maybe some dessert like watermelon or a fruit salad? If you think of something not on this list, please feel free to bring it.

And of course, please bring your own beverages.

Carp & Pramsey can determine who is bringing the table, depending on vehicle space available.
If you don't like sitting on the guardrail of the parking area or sitting on the ground, bring your own chair.

If you are unable to attend and you are on the food item list, please post here so we can adjust as necessary.
If you are bringing burgers, please bring the rolls to go along with them. Can't have one without the other.

If you are catch and release, bring your own camera to take photo of your fish for pool. Identical measuring sticks will be issued to all.
Pool will be for largest bass only. We will decide on pool amount on Sunday. Will be either $10 or $20, majority rule, winner take all. Bring cash. No check, no IOU. Laughing

Posted Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:10 pm

mac636

no IOU. Laughing

Now what kind of loser would enter a pool on a iou???.............................oh wait........................never mind!

Posted Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:17 pm

Weather looks stellar. We'll be able to swipe our card at the processing station for the fee, right?

Posted Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:16 pm

ehertzfeld

mac636

no IOU. Laughing

Now what kind of loser would enter a pool on a iou???.............................oh wait........................never mind!

Uuuummmmmmmmmmm.......

Posted Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:54 am

hey guys which part of the lake are we meeting at? I didn't see where that was mentioned. I have never been to this lake before and have no idea where to go.

Posted Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:34 am

xd, if you go to Map View and find the lake, click on Overlays, and then Amenities, you should see the "launch area" at the very south end just off of RT 207/Exeter RD.

http://www.ctfishfinder.com/map.php?zoom=18&lat=41.62941&lon=-72.30118&layers=0B000F0TTTFTTTTFFF

See Y'all in the morning!

Last edited by pramsey on Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:09 am

Ok, for anyone who has not been there, on the lower end of the lake, right by the dam, the town has a small parking lot, where we are gathering. It's right on route 207 "exeter rd"

if you look at the map I linked, you see a sall triagular dirt spot, that the parking lot.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=lake+williams+ct&ll=41.629582,-72.300661&spn=0.004018,0.009602&fb=1&gl=us&hq=lake+williams&hnear=0x89e65311f21151a5:0xae9a6d5b056170e5,Connecticut&cid=0,0,12709617711349103266&t=h&z=17

Posted Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:11 am

Is that parking lot going to hold more then eight cars?

Posted Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:35 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links