Lake Williams will be the site of this year's Yak together. Not called a tournament because we are not that organized. Currently just a few people who like to fish and have a good time doing so.
Currently, Lunker pool is $10.00 (cash only) for LMB. Different $ or species opportunities can be discussed here at any time.
Can we say artificial lures only?
All are welcome to attend. Bring a friend or two.
Yaks, canoes, and other assorted sit down paddle based crafts are welcome. If you happen to have one of these modified with an ELECTRIC motor, this is also welcome.
We need to start getting numbers together so we have a good idea of how many are attending. Food donations will be discussed when we have a decent count on attendance.
Please post here if you will be attending. If you will be bringing a few friends, just post up for yourself and +2 (if you are bringing 2 friends with you). We will get a list going and post the updated list periodically.

Last edited by mac636 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:09 am; edited 2 times in total

Posted Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:29 am

You know I'm there but just making it official for the count on the new thread. Pretty sure I'm gonna bring my motor. If anyone paddling has an issue (understandable) with me entering the pool please say so,my feelings won't be hurt. Willing to ante up double if that makes it good,if not I'll sit out. Besides that I thought it was understood that it would be artificial only,guess we have to say so for anybody showing up that did not last year.

Posted Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:03 am

count me and one of my buddies in

Posted Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:21 am

I'm in. Just my opinion, but because this is really all for fun...I could care less if electric pushers are in the pool. Make 'em pay double or something. I'd hate to leave somebody out just because they're too decrepit to paddle.

Posted Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:42 am

rxpxtx

I'm in. Just my opinion, but because this is really all for fun...I could care less if electric pushers are in the pool. Make 'em pay double or something. I'd hate to leave somebody out just because they're too decrepit to paddle.

I don't think we should charge double just because someone is getting older and a bit lazy. Laughing

Posted Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:48 pm

Current Attendees as of 6/16/12: 7
mac636
carp13
pramsey
ehertzfeld
ctspropro +1
rxpxtx

Posted Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:55 pm

Pramsey,

Your not due for another grandchild this year are you?
As I recall, she came a day earlier than expected so you were able to fish AND win the pool money.

Last edited by mac636 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:07 pm

http://www.ctfishfinder.com/users/e/ehertzfeld/photos/1310119149_oGv4iWASb.gif
Something Hertzy posted last year.
As I remember, the danger areas marked "x" are large boulders. There is a lot of different structure here and plenty of bass.

Posted Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:12 pm

mac636

rxpxtx

I don't think we should charge double just because someone is getting older and a bit lazy. Laughing

Twas kidding! I know sarcasm doesn't translate well on the net, but I could give a hoot if someone wants to strap a Black Max to their ass. I just want to catch fish and eat well.

Posted Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:18 pm

It's all good,I know you all are kidding. Mac knows me,I talk more sheet than just about anyone so I can take it too! Razz

Posted Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:49 am

carp13

It's all good,I know you all are kidding. Mac knows me,I talk more sheet than just about anyone so I can take it too! Razz

I know two other guys who talk more sheet than you!!! We'll never see their butts in a small vessel! Twisted Evil

At this point, it's just me, but well see if I can wrangle up one or two. I have my grill and a few bottles of gas ready to go! If we get a bunch going, we may want another grill. My little camping grill is great, but small. Just a thought!

Hoping the weather is nice and warm to keep the top off the jeep! Very Happy

Posted Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:35 pm

H'mmmmm, who could you be referring to?
ehertzfeld

I know two other guys who talk more sheet than you!!! We'll never see their butts in a small vessel!

Posted Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:50 pm

Wouldn't be these tow guys would it?

On May 24, 2012 Officer Stanko received information that a man was selling undersized striped bass out of his pick-up truck in Manchester. He conducted surveillance on the area for some time before watching the exchange between two men of cash and an intact fish. He approached the men and upon further investigation learned there were also marijuana sales taking place. One of the men had several prior fish and game arrests, and both had lengthy criminal histories. Both men were arrested on scene for multiple violations including Illegal sale of striped bass, Illegal possession of striped bass, and Illegal possession/sale of marijuana.

No wonder they haven't posted lately!

Posted Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:33 pm

If the "old" guys want a free motor pass they should get it. Hell when Im over the hill id want that advantage of a motor too. For the meantime I will be paddling past the old timers catching the fish.

Posted Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:17 pm

Date: Sunday 7/8/2012
7:00 AM to 1:00 PM (lunch and bull session following)

Current Attendees as of 6/19/12: 7
mac636
carp13
pramsey
ehertzfeld +?
ctspropro +1
rxpxtx

Haven't seen any other confirmations.
Speak up if you plan to attend.

Posted Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:46 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links