Parking lot will fit plenty of cars,me and Mac will be there early,see you all in the morning!

Posted Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:11 pm

snapper

Is that parking lot going to hold more then eight cars?

If I remember correctly, it can hold around 10-15 cars. We'll have enough room, seeing we are starting about the same time most get up on a Sunday! Very Happy

Posted Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:11 pm

ehertzfeld

snapper

Is that parking lot going to hold more then eight cars?

If I remember correctly, it can hold around 10-15 cars. We'll have enough room, seeing we are starting about the same time most get up on a Sunday! Very Happy

Lot will hold more than that. Guaranteed

Posted Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:49 pm

Fantastic day at the yak outing. Great bunch of guys...lot's of fun, and some decent fishing.

Ev...I will call your 16 and change bass with my second best....

....and I will raise you all in.

I lost a good 1/4 inch by hiding the lower lip with my damn finger. Had a lot of fun guy's. Thanks for having me!

Posted Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:33 pm

I'll second that! A bad day fishin' is better than.......
ALMOST anything else!

Posted Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:04 pm

I don't know Dave,put the pics side by side,they look close to me...................slide your fish so the tail covers the blue line and close the mouth and I'd say pretty damn close. ..............still waiting for Dan to post his pic though. He's gotta quote this post,remove the text,then ad his pic,then someone's gotta copy and paste all three photos together and start a new thread with a poll question. It'll be interesting to see what the general consensus is..................you raised me all in but I think we might both be holding the same hand! Wink .....................besides the pool winner dilemma just wanna say I had a great time yesterday and it was good seeing everyone from last year and meeting everyone who made it for the first time this year. We oughta make this happen more often,maybe twice a year!

Posted Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:30 am

Looks like a tie so far! Had a great time yesterday. Even though my one contender came up a bit short, I have to thank Carp for taking pity on me, and lending me some plastics. Would love to do a yak-together again. If you guys figure out a location, and date, maybe we could squeeze another one in this season. It's always great to see old friends, and meet new ones! Great bunch of guys on this site!

Posted Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:27 am

I thought there were 3 that needed to be compared. Maybe diggadave(?) or xdan182(?) had one? Don't remember for sure.

Posted Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:36 am

I had a great time, too. Thanks for including me.

For my first post on CT Fish Finder, here are two photos of Dave's lunker and one of Everett's. I increased the brightness on Dave's photos and intensified the color on all three, so that the fish can be seen a little better.

Here's Dave's:

And here's Everett's:

If diggydave (aka Dave) or xdan182 (aka Dan) doesn't have an entry, I'd have to vote for Dave's fish, but if a tie were an option, I'd vote for that, based solely on these crappy photos Rolling Eyes .

By the way, here's what a proper lunker photo looks like Wink :

Well, "proper" referring to the photo and not my small fish. Laughing

Posted Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:52 am

Glad to see you finaly made it to this forum as well Peco Very Happy

Posted Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:16 pm

Yeah,whatever you guys decide is fine with me. After the review of the pictures yesterday I believed Dave had me beat. But after viewing the pictures larger I'm just not convinced. Now I've never fished tournaments or submitted a fish for a state record or nothing like that but I believe that a legal measurement is taken with the mouth closed and that is why I made a point of compressing the lips of the fish in my photo. Under my hand in the photo is a lip gripper which the fish was still hooked to,if I was inclined to I could have stretched the mouth open with it and got at least another 3/4 of an inch out of it but it's not in me to pull a stunt like that when I knew better. In my opinion the two fish are less than 1/4 of an inch in difference but it is hard to tell which is larger. The reason I suggested a poll was mostly for a fun distraction and I still think it's a good idea,just waiting for Dan,who knows,maybe his looks better than both of them after closer inspection. Either way I'll go with the general consensus..................................for any of you guys who just met me yesterday,I'm not a dick,just SUPER competitive. If I was a clear loser I wouldn't like it,but I would accept it,thought I was yesterday,really didn't like it but it just doesn't look like that to me after closer inspection..........................Peco if we all took pictures like you there would be nothing to talk about!...Welcome aboard!

Posted Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:14 pm

I have no idea about legal measurements or any of that stuff. I was just holding the bass like I always do...surely not a "stunt!!" I'm just a guy that does a lot of fishing. This was all just fun. Call it a draw. I suggest, after Dan posts his picture, if there's still a question we chop the pot and fish on. I really dont want to read about this for another 27 pages. It's like the guy that has a picture of a lipped fish, tells you he's 5'11" and asks everyone to weigh it for him. The BS goes on for ever. There's always next year, or a revenge fall get together...lol. Again, thanks for having me....I had a helluva good time.

Posted Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:25 pm

no,no,no.........Dave I wasn't insinuating that you measuring the fish with the mouth open was a stunt.NO WAY!..................I said and meant that from what I understand,strictly from knowledge I've gathered from mostly just reading ,that I thought the correct way to measure a fish was with the mouth closed. What I said was IF I measured the fish with the mouth extended it would have been bogus on MY part because from what I understand it's not correct........................Dave we're good dude ,didn't mean nothing like that...........................Mac,unless Dan decides to put up a picture,declare Dave the pool winner. His fish is clearly heavier. No question.

Posted Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:52 pm

Everett, I knew what you were saying, and didn't feel accused of anything. We are all good mate!! I just threw that out there for the online multitude that didnt attend, and may have a comment. As Phil said, the lousy pictures (mine...lol) dont help a decision. The "rules" were for length, not weight...so if mine was fatter, it just dont matter. I truly feel the pot should be chopped if Dan doesnt add to the mix. The pictures are inconclusive. Hell, 50 beans will get me the gel seat I keep walking by at West Marine. 6 hours in that seat yesterday, and my butt is talking to me today!! Besides, it's totally about bragging rights, and I dont think I could share that with a nicer guy.

Posted Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:48 pm

rxpxtx

6 hours in that seat yesterday, and my butt is talking to me today!!

You sure thats not from the Hummel Red Hots or maybe Carp's homemade beans with peppers out of his garden?

Posted Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:07 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links