Okay so we kayak/canoe guys did our thing and we were talking about another meet up before the end of the season. From the way we left it a couple of weeks ago I expect there are probably 8 yakkers that are game and will be back. Anybody with a boat wanna join the party? Gauging interest to see who wants to do what. If we get enough people, we'll pick a lake (with a ramp) and set a date...........meet in the morning,possibly run separate big fish pools for kayaks and boats,fish 5 or 6 hours,meet at launch at designated time,figure out who gets paid,BBQ,partake in refreshing beverages,tell lies,etc.etc.etc...........good people.............good food and plenty of it...............good times!......................maybe even some guys who generally shore fish can partner up with boat owners and come on out........................it will be a CTFF jamboree!

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:55 pm

Sorry I was out of town for the last one. Looked like fun. I'd be in for the end of season get together, either in my boat or beast of a canoe (17' aluminum).

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:11 pm

wondering why these are not more often. I did not make it to the last one because of how far away it was. I also would be down for an organized river trip. The float from the hatchery to the butts bridge take out is an all day good time. There is a mid point at 14 so thats good to. There are no bad rapids in this section, but there may be some shallows depending on water height that may require you to walk in the water for a short distance.

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:07 pm

We need a map that shows locations of members, not specific addresses, but maybe just home towns or something like that so we can find a "central" location, or maybe just pick a spot in the central CT area, so none are left out because of distance.

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:30 pm

it would be a nice upgrade to the map as an overlay, but the admin might not want to add it. I am in new london/groton. It makes a big diffrence if there is highway access to the location. Most of my fishing is off the 395, or 95. Back roads and off the beaten path is great if your local, but otherwise its a real pain.

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:37 pm

I'm in for anywhere in the state. Being a little more centrally located is definitely a benefit.

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:29 pm

angryjohn

it would be a nice upgrade to the map as an overlay, but the admin might not want to add it. I am in new london/groton. It makes a big diffrence if there is highway access to the location. Most of my fishing is off the 395, or 95. Back roads and off the beaten path is great if your local, but otherwise its a real pain.

John, I made it to that lake in Lebanon from the other side of the river in bum&*#@ Killingworth in 35 minutes. I dont know a central location in CT that you're not going to have to drive a little bit to get to.

I'm in wherever it is. I like the all in idea. Come one come all, big boat and small. Big ass fishing party. I know I can get a bunch of people for that format. And my ass will be in a shiny new seat.

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:36 pm

rxpxtx

Big ass fishing party. I know I can get a bunch of people for that format. And my ass will be in a shiny new seat.

If your skinny ass needs a shiny new padded seat, are you truly qualified to attend a "big ass" fishing party? Laughing I'm qualified, unfortunately. . . . Rolling Eyes

Posted Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:29 pm

You are hardly "qualified" Phil. Come work in the land of the McDonald's eatin drain on the health care system industry, and I'll show you 400lbs of never getting one leg into a yak qualified. I am happy to be in shape, and not be a fat sack... but when my bony azz meets canoe for six hours I'm screamin!!

Posted Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:50 pm

You guys up for something before the end of the summer? Why wait 'till the end of the season! Have to be a lake that's a bit deeper and not completely scummed over. I'd go about anywhere.

Posted Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:56 am

If its got a ramp im in ..........yea some place not to heavly developed center of the state lake would be cool even off the travel time for all would be nice, we got guyz in all 4 corners. allso if we get a large enough group we could turn it into a kinda swap meet for gear I bet we all have some tradables we would like to turn into something else

Posted Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:23 pm

I'm game as long as the I'm free that day. Just don't know what I'll be bringing, as I have a boat and a yak! Very Happy I guess this time I will invite the rest of the clan. Well that's if my boys can get their butts out of bed in time! The wife may enjoy it and would love to meet you guy.

Posted Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:17 am

I'm in kayak/canoe or big boat doesn't matter to me

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:16 am

As expected for the usual suspects, I'm in too, depending on the day!

Posted Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:01 am

I have the will and tackle, but sadly no boat! Possible to partner with someone? I'm in Rocky Hill

Posted Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:18 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links