If you can make it, I'm sure that won't be a problem. If I'm there I'll either have my boat or a 17ft. canoe. I'd just like to get as many people from the site out for a fun day.

Posted Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:20 pm

Ive just been using the site for recon, just "officially joined" but that sounds like a hell of a time! Im down, and you can expect to see me more often!

Posted Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:26 am

Are we still thinking about doing this??

Posted Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:53 am

if we can get a location with trailer launch im in

Posted Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:39 am

Hertzy,
Pick a site and start it up.
I am up for anywhere in the state.
Set a date and time and lets see where it takes us.
This event should be a free for all.
Boats (both motor and electric), canoes, yaks, whatever.
I don't think any restrictions on pool is necessary, since yaks and canoes can get into some deeper cover than boats. Just my opinion.

Posted Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:53 pm

There is a trailer input at butts bridge, and you can go up and down the river or into the pond. It would even out the score a little, having the river push the yakers down stream, while the motored guys could still cover more water, it would be a little more even. Besides, you can fish river or pond. End of day would be a butts bridge, but the yakers might start up stream. If it started early like 6 lunch could be at the bridge, and you could go back out from there.

Posted Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:57 am

I would like to attend. I am a shore fishermen since I sold my boat last year. Just tell me where it is behind held.

Posted Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:17 pm

I would like to attend. I am a shore fishermen since I sold my boat last year. Just tell me where it is behind held.

Posted Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:37 pm

We have a date in mind? Sundays generally work better for me. I'm open Sat/Sun 15th/16th, 29th/30th in September, every Sunday but the 7th in October. I do have Sats on 10/20 &10/27 as well? Thoughts?

As long as I can make the date, I can bring my boat + a 17' aluminum canoe if we have 1-2 anglers that need something to get them off the shore.

Posted Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:40 pm

We have a date in mind? Sundays generally work better for me. I'm open Sat/Sun 15th/16th, 29th/30th in September, every Sunday but the 7th in October. I do have Sats on 10/20 &10/27 as well? Thoughts?

Quote:

As long as I can make the date, I can bring my boat + a 17' aluminum canoe if we have 1-2 anglers that need something to get them off the shore.

If you win out of my canoe you owe me a beer!

Posted Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:07 pm

I drove the farthest last time so we should do something on the northeast side of the state. Winchester Lake might be a good spot but I think some of you it would be a haul. 8mph speed limit which is good for the kayakers. It has a nice launch for bigger boats. Some nice bass in there too. Plenty of room for a cookout afterwords. Just a thought...
Dan

Posted Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:53 pm

winchester is a good set up lots of parking and that large feild area between launch and lot is perfect

Posted Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:11 am

I'm in depending on my wife's location in conjunction with the needs of my grandkids.

Posted Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:06 pm

Winchester Lake looks like a good spot. Never been there. Only 43 miles for me. I'm in. Whoever wants to take the lead, just pick a date. Don't put out too many options, otherwise this will go on forever. If its a Sunday and we stick to similar time schedule as last event, I'll get home for some afternoon football. Perfect day in my book.

Posted Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:53 pm

If its a Sunday and we stick to similar time schedule as last event, I'll get home for some afternoon football. Perfect day in my book.

Anyone want to throw out a date. I can do any Sunday other than 10/7 between now and November. Winchester sounds good. Never fished it. Should be fun.

Posted Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:47 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links