mac636

. . . . Never been there. Only 43 miles for me. I'm in . . . . and we stick to similar time schedule as last event, I'll get home for some afternoon football.

[quote="redneckangler"] . . . . Winchester sounds good. Never fished it. Should be fun.

Looking forward to fishing a new spot, even if it is 1-1/2 drive. Looks like no pancake breakfast for me that day!

P.S. Did I see PIKE on that species list?

Posted Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:20 pm

Yes there are pike in there although they don't seem to be very plentiful in there. The DEP did stock it with pike years ago I am not sure if they still do. Maybe with the cooler temps by the time we have this they will be more active. Believe me there are some huge bass in there too...Just take a look at this picture if you have never been to winchester. I took it last month. I am good for any sunday in october. I hate to be the one to choose a date but hows the 14th sound for everyone?

Posted Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:46 pm

Sounds like a good time, I would be in for a day of fishing. Just be sure to check the DEEP site so there are no tourneys scheduled there for whatever day is picked.

Posted Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:27 pm

If you're talking Sunday, Oct 14, that's the one weekend I will be out of town for my wifes (LOL) 30th Anniversary, but don't let that stop the rest of you. If that's the date, so be it.

@kapteam24, nothing scheduled (and published officially) as of August 31 for Winchester other than 10/7 http://ct.gov/dep/lib/dep/fishing/general_information/fishingtour.pdf

Posted Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:29 pm

pramsey

If you're talking Sunday, Oct 14, that's the one weekend I will be out of town for my wifes (LOL) 30th Anniversary, but don't let that stop the rest of you. If that's the date, so be it.

@kapteam24, nothing scheduled (and published officially) as of August 31 for Winchester other than 10/7 http://ct.gov/dep/lib/dep/fishing/general_information/fishingtour.pdf

Like I said I am good for any sunday in october we could do the 21st. I would rather get a date that everyone could attend. I know that might be impossible but try none the less.

Posted Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:47 pm

Just be sure to check the DEEP site so there are no tourneys scheduled there for whatever day is picked.

Nothing on Winchester 10/21. Works for me. How is 10/21 for other folks?

My favorite October site is the CT River/Haddam area. 50 boat toury that day!

Posted Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Oct 21st works for me.

Posted Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:37 pm

redneckangler

Just be sure to check the DEEP site so there are no tourneys scheduled there for whatever day is picked.

Nothing on Winchester 10/21. Works for me. How is 10/21 for other folks?

My favorite October site is the CT River/Haddam area. 50 boat toury that day!

Oct 21 works for me, BUT if it snows I'll be really ticked off!

Posted Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:28 am

WOW!!! Oct 21???? I'm getting my hard water gear out and ready at that point!!! LOL I'll have to see whats going on that day. Way too far away for me to give a definite answer.

Posted Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:58 pm

[quote="pramsey"]
redneckangler

Oct 21 works for me, BUT if it snows I'll be really ticked off!

LMAO!

Posted Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:50 pm

Looks like the consensus points to October 21st at Winchester.
If nobody else is gonna take the lead, I guess I'll start.
Same as last event. 7:00 AM launch, 1:00 PM back for lunch with photos for pool winner.
The following is a current list of attendees and those who show possible interest:
mac636
x182dan
redneckangler
pramsey
nwdarkcloud
ehertzfeld ?
kapteam24 ?
Carp13 ?
bassman101 ?
angryjohn ?

Posted Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:09 am

Lets do this! I know this is going to be a question. What do you guys think of the pike in there? Is this going to be strictly a bass tournament? I suggest we do a lunker bass pool and an "other" species lunker pool. Maybe $5-$10 per lunker pool? Let me here your opinions on this idea.
Dan

Posted Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:11 am

x182dan

. . . I suggest we do a lunker bass pool and an "other" species lunker pool . . .

Let's not make it so complicated that an accountant is needed though. Someone would have to keep track of who's in for what species and who has paid (or not paid) etc, etc. Mac's boards may not be long enough for some pike either.

Posted Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:20 pm

x182dan

Lets do this! I know this is going to be a question. What do you guys think of the pike in there? Is this going to be strictly a bass tournament? I suggest we do a lunker bass pool and an "other" species lunker pool. Maybe $5-$10 per lunker pool? Let me here your opinions on this idea.
Dan

Sounds fine by me.
Dan, coordinating the pool is all yours. I'd enter both.
I can even bring my laptop so we can download the pictures to see them better.

Posted Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:39 pm

The 21st sounds good to me. I also have a friend who wants to fish, he will be on the boat with me too. Just hope the weather is good to us.

Posted Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:37 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links