Launch area with plenty of parking?
Able to fire up a gas grill for a little lunch and maybe a cold one or two?
What street name to get to launch area?
The way the weather is going, sounds like a good date for me.

Posted Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:10 pm

Only thing I can tell you is that, that is a part of the Quinebaug river. They don't list trout as a species, but I can tell you that they are stocking parts of it, as well as a lot of the streams that run into it. March 31 is well before opening day. I'm not sure if we would be breaking any laws or not. Just food for thought. Perhaps we should wait and plan for a nice mid summer day.

That pond is only a few miles away fro me. Never been, but I could scout out the area if we want to try there.

Posted Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:51 pm

i looked at the anglers guide and there was no listed closed season, so i thought it was good. I drove buy once and saw a lanch, and it looked ok. I was just throwing a date and place out there. If there are better times and places i am open to anything. I have never been to that pond so i dont know, but it looks intresting and i saw a turny weigh out there and there was a good amount of bass going on the scale...

Posted Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:07 pm

2012 anglers guide is available: http://www.ct.gov/dep/lib/dep/fishing/anglers_guide/anguide.pdf

As usual, trout is closed in Lakes & Ponds, Rivers & Streams from March 1 to (this year) April 20.
Re. Aspinook Pond: Informal boat access off Butts Bridge Road, no facilities. Commercial launch (fee charged) at private campground off Ross Hill Road.
angryjohn

....i looked at the anglers guide and there was no listed closed season, ...

Posted Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:35 pm

Yep, that what I was afraid of. And carp, no Mc Gyver here! This yak i kept clean and clutter free! Very Happy

Posted Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:12 am

pramsey

As usual, trout is closed in Lakes & Ponds, Rivers & Streams from March 1 to (this year) April 20.

doesn't mean you can't fish there though, just cant take trout

Posted Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:13 pm

ehertzfeld

Yep, that what I was afraid of. And carp, no Mc Gyver here! This yak i kept clean and clutter free! Very Happy

Well that's no fun!................As for the yak-together,I myself prefer summertime.............sunshine..........cold beers.............BBQ grill going............etc.etc.etc......................also like Lake Williams (where we went last season)...............Largemouth fishing in 40-45 degree water is not my cup of tea..........slow.........small fish............even a 2lb average does not excite me unless it's fast action...........wacky worm,shaky head,deadsticking,slow and low...........BORING!!!!!

Last edited by carp13 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:37 pm

i agree that the fishing is not going to be fast but the weather is unbeatable. Wont be having any beers, got into fishing to get away from that, but dont mind if you do. Just looking to get out and meet some of the CT fish finders and thought this would be a great way...

Posted Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:15 pm

angryjohn

i agree that the fishing is not going to be fast but the weather is unbeatable. Wont be having any beers, got into fishing to get away from that, but dont mind if you do. Just looking to get out and meet some of the CT fish finders and thought this would be a great way...

Fear not my friend! We will have a yak-together! Go Fish

Posted Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:46 pm

I'm working to much this days and miss this one, but would enjoy the get together for a day of fishing, let me know how was it and if there is any other day coming soon.

Posted Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:39 pm

i have fished this location several times in the last month, and it was not bad. Found a little bay, north of the main lake, that produced several fish. The action was limited to small worms, and jigs. The parking area would easily accomidate everyone unless there was more than 20 cars, but i think that would be a big reach. The better option of a float down the river using buttsbridge as the takout will be available soon. That section of the river will be open on opening day which is right on us...

Posted Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:48 pm

I'm still in, but my mother (90 yrs old) is not doing well. She's in SD and something could happen at any time (God forbid). But for now I'm still in.

Posted Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:24 pm

HEY GUYS

I AM INTERESTED IN A KAYAK TOURNAMENT...I'M NEW TO THE SITE
BUT IF YOU GUYS VIEW MY PROFILE YOU WILL SEE IT'S ONE OF THE REASONS I JOINED YOUR WEBSITE ....LET ME KNOW IF IT HAPPENS.
LOOKING FORWARD TO BEING PART OF THIS WEBSITE.

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:26 am

Very sorry to hear about your mom Paul. Best wishes and prayers for both of you..............................................Guyak welcome to the site. Hopefully you make it to the yak-together. Always looking forward to meeting like-minded people not to mention checking out others rigs.

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:20 am

I thought I already answered on this post, but it must have been another one. we're definitely more of a bass boat tourny kind of people to. But we've got a couple cheap yaks, and would be most certainly interested in this also. Keep everyone posted on here so we can all make plans. We live in Wolcott right now, but we're looking at a place in East Hampton, so we should be able to make it wherever you guys decide to do it. Let's get it going!!

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:00 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links