pramsey

carp13

. . . can't enter the pool since I'm motorized,gotta make money . . .

You could just do it the old fasioned way and paddle, carp! Did that motor make you lazy?

Why? Its like walking when you can drive....................Besides it's not like I NEED the exercise or anything..............not old or out of shape yet. Wink ................besides I already gave you my money last year!.............we'll see though MAYBE I'll leave it at home.

Posted Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:48 am

8th is good for me...I'm in. I'll recon the area again this wknd with launching, parking and cook out in mind, and post some pictures of the land trust spot on Falls River Dr.

Posted Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:50 am

x182dan

I am going to try and make this one guys but I won't know for sure until we get closer to the date. Could I bring a canoe and fish with 2 guys in it?

Canoe, yak, raft, inner tube, floating log. Don't think it matters. Just a good time.

Posted Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:57 pm

pramsey

ehertzfeld

. . . and will pay for the winner of last years pool! . . .

I wasn't going to bring that up again hertzy, but. . . .

will bring the grill but will leave the cooking duty with ya Mac! You did such a good job last year, and I'm no Betty Crocker!

Posted Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:32 pm

Burgers and dogs and beer Oh my. Very Happy

Posted Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:40 pm

Curious about the kickoff time. Psycho bass fishing early, or sunday sociable?

Posted Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:20 am

I always show up early,pretty sure Mac's gonna too,Hertzy always has an excuse why he can't,Paul's gonna show up after a Pancake breakfast,not say a whole hell of a lot and then bring the pool winning fish back to the designated meeting spot and quietly pocket the cash!

Posted Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:38 pm

All righty then...sounds like a "flexible" starting time...lol.

Posted Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:07 pm

I'll have to get there early now, just to make you look bad!! Cool
carp13

I always show up early,pretty sure Mac's gonna too,Hertzy always has an excuse why he can't,Paul's gonna show up after a Pancake breakfast,not say a whole hell of a lot and then bring the pool winning fish back to the designated meeting spot and quietly pocket the cash!

Posted Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:39 pm

carp13

Paul's gonna show up after a Pancake breakfast,not say a whole hell of a lot and then bring the pool winning fish back to the designated meeting spot and quietly pocket the cash!

As I recall, everyone paddled to the far end of the lake and Paul stuck near the launch site and drifted back in with the pool winner. Razz
Pancake breakfast may have weighed him down, but it burned the rest of us. This year Carp should join you for that pancake breakfast, since he got lazy and doesn't paddle any more.

Posted Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:54 pm

I did paddle up to the islands at the north end, but I caught the bass that won the pool by the larger island at the south end.
mac636

. . .and Paul stuck near the launch site and drifted back in with the pool winner . . . This year Carp should join you for that pancake breakfast, since he got lazy and doesn't paddle any more.

Posted Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:49 pm

[quote="carp13"]I always show up early,pretty sure Mac's gonna too,Hertzy always has an excuse why he can't,Paul's gonna show up after a Pancake breakfast,not say a whole hell of a lot and then bring the pool winning fish back to the designated meeting spot and quietly pocket the cash![/quote

Excuse???? As I recall, I arrived 20 minutes to a half hour after you two!!! What ever time you want to get there this year, I'll be there at the same time!

Posted Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:17 am

And I will not poke fun at Carp for not paddling, since I'm really considering getting mine rigged up! Very Happy

Posted Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:20 am

Woke up at 4:30 this morning to find it raining. Damn weather reporters. Planned on going to Mill Pond for a recon mission. Ended up working around the house and yard. The post Pramsey/Carp put up showed a nice photo layout of the area. I think I'll get up Sunday AM and go take paddle and see what the place looks like up close.

Posted Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:57 pm

Preliminary report from Mac out on the pond...................no-go for yak-together........................residential area.......................small parking area next to houses....................not conducive or friendly to the use of four letter words,loud laughter,grilling or alcoholic beverages..................probably get asked to leave or worse end up in the pokey.....................we're thinking same place as last year...........Lake Williams...................................he does report that it is a nice place though,just not suited for a semi-large gathering...............also used heavily by locals hiking and paddling this Sunday morning..................an invasion of undesirables will be frowned upon.

Posted Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:04 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links