I have never fished a tournament before, but i also dont have a lot of time in the yak. I would be very intrested in doing one, i dont care what were fishing for, but there is nothing on the skedule for the year in the tackle box and it seems to be very slim pickings over the years. Is anynone else intrested????

Posted Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:05 pm

Scheduled one last year and only 4 of us showed up. We had a pretty good time, so we'll most likely have another this year. We threw some money in the pot ($10) and brought our own cameras to take picture of biggest fish (we all were catch and release). Some pics in earlier post (CTFF Yak together).

Posted Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:28 am

I'm in and hertzy better be too, since he still owes me from last time! Especialy with that new tricked out yak he's got!

Posted Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:26 pm

pramsey

I'm in and hertzy better be too, since he still owes me from last time! Especialy with that new tricked out yak he's got!

Of cource I'm in! Hope for nice weather like last year.

Posted Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:37 pm

I think thats a great idea but I think it would be hard to get a large amount of fisherman involved. It seems like we need more people active on this site to get a good amount of people.

Posted Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:28 pm

Last year we had a pretty good time with the four that showed up. I'd be happy with the same four. If anyone else shows up, that would be even better.
Quality is better than quantity in some cases.

Posted Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:31 pm

Going to try out the new yak this Saturday up here at Quddick pond. I should have all the bugs worked out by the time we meet. Looking forward it.

Posted Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:56 pm

Canoes, kayaks, rubber raft. . . as long as its not propelled by a motor during the meet it's fine with me. A motor would give some an unfair advantage.
x182dan

. . . be hard to get a large amount of fisherman involved. It seems like we need more people active . . .

Posted Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:37 pm

I wouldn't exactly call what we did last year a tournament. It was more like a friendly get to together with a big fish pool. No need to get 50 people there or make it involve large sums of money,that makes things complicated. Hell it's worth the trip just to see how McGuyver..........errr I mean Hertzy rigged up his new yak. I'm probably gonna be disqualified from entering the pool anyway as I don't see myself leaving the house without my motor anymore. I go fishing to enjoy myself and I enjoy myself a whole hell of a lot more when I don't have to paddle. Besides I think I forgot how to paddle! Very Happy

Posted Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:22 am

carp13

I'm probably gonna be disqualified from entering the pool anyway as I don't see myself leaving the house without my motor anymore. I go fishing to enjoy myself and I enjoy myself a whole hell of a lot more when I don't have to paddle. Besides I think I forgot how to paddle! Very Happy

You gettin old and lazy Carp? Laughing

Posted Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:10 am

OK, then maybe we could just make it an "outing/get together" and IF the non-motored guys want to do a pool, fine, IF the motored guys want to do a pool, fine.

Posted Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:53 am

OR..................if the pool is $10 a man I could contribute $20 if that works for everybody. If not than I'll just fish for fun. And Mac,yeah I think I'm getting there,almost old but not lazy.

Posted Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:18 pm

how about ASPINOOK POND, Lisbon/Griswold/
Canterbury (301 acres) on march 31

Posted Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:23 pm

I am in!! Looking forward to it. Let me know where and when.

Posted Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:26 pm

is there a good launch area?
I may have answered my own question!
http://www.ctfishfinder.com/map.php?zoom=16&lat=41.64964&lon=-71.97004&layers=0B000F0TTTFTTTFFFF
or
http://www.ctfishfinder.com/map.php?zoom=16&lat=41.63337&lon=-71.97605&layers=0B000F0TTTFTTTFFFF

angryjohn

how about ASPINOOK POND, Lisbon/Griswold/
Canterbury (301 acres) on march 31

Posted Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:29 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links