where are we at on getting this together. This weekend looks like a no go, but planing seems hard considering the weather the last month or so is all over the place. 80 down to 50's in the same week!!!!

Posted Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:05 pm

Prefer 80 over 50 any day.
Haven't even begun to plan until we are assured warmer climate.
Last outing we fished from 6-7 AM until noon-1PM, then hung out, cooked and had a few cold ones. As I recall we were all able to wear shorts.
Weather is a bit too unpredictable this early in the season.

Posted Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:28 pm

I'm in when this thing comes together. I'm hoping it will be in like june, cause I froze my irish azz off tuesday evening out in the windy rain at Cedar Lake.

Posted Thu May 03, 2012 1:30 pm

Get your 'yaks out this Sunday! $25 to a great cause, a BBQ afterwards down at Riversend, and a shot a $500 if you hook into a big fish. I'm stopping by Fishin Factory 3 at about 4am, to put in around 4:30-5:00. Check out my other post or pm me if interested!

Posted Thu May 03, 2012 2:42 pm

Where is that? Trying to save money to move, but always interested in tourny's and helping out a good cause.

Posted Fri May 04, 2012 2:37 pm

Bump.................here ya go fellas.

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:35 am

RXPXTX posted: I'm so impressed with this spot for many reasons. I dont have depths for the larger portion which is Mill Pond, cause I went straight to the attached river/island area (Fall River) because it was blowing in a filthy way and I needed some cover. I intend to really get to know the fish here this summer. I wish I knew how to post the sat map. As much as I lament the idea of you bastards invading for a get together, I think it would be a spot on place for an outing, and would love to join in and help out in any way. It's not huge by any means, but the river area could easily accommodate a dozen car top boats out hitting the spots. Add the pond and there's an extra 75 or so acres to play in. The land trust "launch" on Fall River Rd has a small parking area that with proper management of parking would hold 8-10 vehicles. There's a school about a half mile away on RT 154. This is across the street from where the river starts at the SE portion of the pond. The land there is also public on the waterfront...and has on street parking right on the river. This is where I have casted from. Before I found the land trust lot, I was just going to slide the canoe down the bank here. Little steep, but not out of the question. At the land trust is a nice grass area that would be perfect for a cookout or whatever you had in mind. Ditto for the place on 154 (by the church and elementary school on the sat map.) Any idea of prospective dates? I'll help out on this end with anything needed. Lets do this. I wont guarantee the fish...but I stand by the location as being very friendly for this type affair. All I ask is for 100% clean up and respect for the land and water, and the private land that is mixed in. I dont mean anything by this...I know from reading all your posts what kind of folks you are...I'm just mentioning it. There are houses on both sides of the land trust lot, and along the river in spots. It's a really small town and I'm tight with the resident trooper and the selectman. Easy access from RT 9 exit 3, and I-95 at exit 65. Essex is not a central location for everybody, but I dont think anyone would be complaining about the waters at this spot. Whats the guestamite of the number of people that may attend such a function? I cant find the "yak-together" page.

RXPXTX found a spot which might be perfect for this years Yak together. Mill Pond in Essex. See the "Mill Pond, Essex" post under Freshwater Bass Fishing to get an idea on the location. Carp will post map later.
Just to throw a date out there, how about Sunday, July 8th. This gives us a few weeks to get ideas together (ie: grill, food, meet times, parking locations). Last year we had lunker pool at $10 per. Issued color coded rulers so you could lay fish on it and take picture. Worked OK and I still have em. Post up opinions.

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:23 am

pramsey

carp13

. . . I'm on my way out the door (going fishing) so Mac if you wanna resurrect the "yak-together" thread and get this thing going . . .

Count me in and good luck carp.

Here's the most recent one:
http://www.ctfishfinder.com/phpBB2/is-there-anyone-intrested-in-a-yak-fishing-tournament-t5658-15.html

And last years for an idea of how it went:
http://www.ctfishfinder.com/phpBB2/ctff-yak-together-t4531.html

Is this the area you're talking about for a "put in spot"
http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=qwrhgp8yxmxx&lvl=18.74&dir=354.29&sty=b&form=LMLTCC

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:31 pm

As far as I know, I have nothing going on that day! I'm in for the pool and will pay for the winner of last years pool! Let me know what I can bring as far as food and such.

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:31 pm

Hertzy, if you still have a portable grill, that would be a good start. Mine bit the dust and I am still looking for one to fit both tailgating and a fit in my ice sled for next year (hopefully). We'll work out food when we get a head count. Drinks are again BYO.
SO JULY 8TH IS A GOOD STARTING POINT!
Let's hear some feedback.
My one request is that since Carp is motorized, he can be the official tow rig for anyone who gets too damn tired at the end of the day. Laughing
This should be open to all sit on/in floating rigs including kayak, canoe, raft, etc. Even open for you lazy old farts with electric motors (I might request a tow after a few cold ones).

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:36 pm

The 8th sounds good to me,I'm there. Glad we have everyone from last year.......................Tows are 10 bucks,can't enter the pool since I'm motorized,gotta make money somehow. Wink

Posted Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:41 am

carp13

. . . can't enter the pool since I'm motorized,gotta make money . . .

You could just do it the old fasioned way and paddle, carp! Did that motor make you lazy?

Posted Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:11 am

ehertzfeld

. . . and will pay for the winner of last years pool! . . .

I wasn't going to bring that up again hertzy, but. . . .

Posted Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:19 am

I am going to try and make this one guys but I won't know for sure until we get closer to the date. Could I bring a canoe and fish with 2 guys in it?

Posted Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:38 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links