Tough day out there.....we were in the bow and got beat up pretty good with a strong,steady wind and swells about 8 ft . A slow pick of pollock of all sizes and some haddock were caught(I managed 2).Of the 3 of us mac did an outstanding job being high hook with 9 pollock. That old guy Lung was right behind him with 8. I struggled pretty much all day with one dumb issue after another.It was still a fun day and look forward to R.I. cod fishing with mac (and carp) this winter.
Heres the one shot I took all day.Too rough to be messin around with a camera.

Posted Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:22 pm

Told you all Mac was gonna show you how it's done, Way To go Big Mac!

Posted Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:05 am

TBob had great timing to get this pic. With the rough seas, this pic was taken 2 seconds before I almost fell on my ass (I believe I actually did, but it was just one of many stumbles). Even though the seas were rough and I had a few monster snarls with other lines,, had a good time.
Lung hooked me up with a blue teaser which every fish was caught on. Never hooked one on the jig itself.
Definitely learned a few things from the Bob & Bob show. Thanks for the help guys.
Do this again soon.

Posted Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:18 am

Way to go Mac, excellent job on your first "groundfishing" outing. You did very well considering conditions and the size boat we were on, at least you had the wall behind you to stabilize yourself and tbob had a rail post to hug all day while I flopped around in the breeze....LMAO.
For me it was the toughest conditions yet to fish on a head boat, but dems da breaks. IMHO the captain made a couple unneeded moves early on which ate up a lot of time, I am not complaining about the catch, I have done much worse. For me it's not always how many fish I put in the box at least I'm out fishing, but of course like anyone else I like to slam em. As always great time fishing with ya tbob, thanks for covering fish cleaning/cooler duty again, an pleasure fishing with ya Mac, let's do it again soon boys.

Sorry for the late response I had a couple jobs I had to take care of today, (carp are ya listening??)

OH and before I forget...what did I say on the trip to the boat??
"I wouldn't want to be the Pats playing the Giants today" Hahahahaha

Posted Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:34 pm

aqualung

let's do it again soon boys.

I'm up for another trip, but lets make sure we have some room to move and the seas are a bit more in our favor.
With all the stumbling and banging into the rail, I figured I'd be hurtin on Monday. Actually felt pretty good. No soreness or major bruising.
I will admit that when I got home and finished vacuum sealing my fillets, the Sunday night hot shower and the comfy bed felt GREAT!!!

Carp, ya gotta make it on the next trip. It's better when you have more than 1 fish dying in the box! Smile

Posted Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:19 am

I'm eyeballing the Francis fleet for a quick trip, they been doing pretty good recently.

Mac if you have any interest I will sell you that set up you were using the Penn 113H spooled with the 80 lb Power Pro and Penn slammer rod for $100. Or if anyone else is interested just let me know. I have 2 of those set ups and don't really use them any more.

Posted Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:27 am

Great time with great guys!.....no prob Lung on the fish cleaning.....
I always take care of my buds if I am able....it takes teamwork to pull these trips off and thats what we had once again....kudos to mac for helping out the 2 fat,old guys with loading and unloading from boat and thanks to Lung for providing transportation.Truck runs and rides real nice!

quick trip to FF?....still a 2 hr ride....but dont go without me!

Mac....thats a good deal on the setup.....grab it!Sounds like you are gonna be needing it!

Posted Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:13 am

Just had a nice Pollock dinner tonight. My girl baked several fillets. Half with a garlic based flour coating and the other half with a dill based coating. They were both excellent, but I think the garlic base was best. She wouldn't tell me exactly what she used, so I can't post the recipe (I'll get it out of her soon enough).
Lung, you were spot on that you cannot buy fish this fresh.
Deep fried a bit yesterday, but from now on I'm just gonna bake it. Flakes apart and melts in your mouth.
Half the fillets already distributed to family.
I might take you up on that rig the next time we go out. Got slammed at work and may not have an opportunity to get out for a couple weeks. Don't like working weekends, but may not have a choice. Too damn busy.

Posted Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:01 pm

HEADSUP FELLAS......Am gonna be watching reports closely this week and if favorable would like to take one more shot at it. Would be either Eastmans or Yankee Fleet. Chime in if ya think ya can swing it.

Posted Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:05 am

Tied up the next two weekends. Family commitments which I cannot blow off. I'd never hear the end of it if I do. Might be able to take a weekday off. Still have a few vacation days to kill.

Posted Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:20 am

It just may end up being a weekday mac.

Posted Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:58 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links