Ill call the eastern DEP base to see if they are gonna plow it because that's a far walk in a lot of snow.

Posted Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:28 pm

tb

Ill call the eastern DEP base to see if they are gonna plow it because that's a far walk in a lot of snow.

Thanks!

Posted Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:54 pm

Happened to come across a gallon of juice this weekend. Seal has not yet been broken.

Posted Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:46 pm

tb

I would not suggest you mention a group gathering...keep it as a simple request for information.
More importantly the DEP has nothing to do with the access road being cleared.

Posted Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:03 pm

Ok, we are getting closer here. With the condition of the road not known at this point, Should we come up with an alternate location?

Posted Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:40 am

I thought someone out that way was gonna check the road status?

Posted Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:24 am

I'll check friday.

Posted Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:06 am

Thanks Flea! I'm not too confident that it will be. Sounds like it's a long road, and if they have not touched it since a few storms ago, it will take a loader to clear it. Most town's snow removal budgets are empty, so I doubt they would spend the cash to clear it. But I have been wrong..................on occasion! LOL

Posted Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:32 am

Works slow so I'll check today at lunch.

Posted Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:46 am

Holebrook is unplowed even if we wanted to walk in there is no place to park. I drove by a few lakes/ponds with boat ramps all unplowed. Cedar Lake in chester has a parking lot across from the beach but a 4x4 would be a must. I could take some pics of the parking lot if there is any interest in fishing there. I think a 4x4 will be needed to fish almost anywhere.

Posted Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:33 pm

I called the DEP and then they called the town of Hebron and they said do to the snow budget that Hollbrook was not going to get plowed.

Posted Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:45 pm

tb

I called the DEP and then they called the town of Hebron and they said do to the snow budget that Hollbrook was not going to get plowed.

Just as I feared. Well, now what do we want to do???

Posted Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:15 pm

I think it needs to be postponed till the snow diminishes a little.....DAMN!!! My personal trainer is going to be ripped when she hears about this.

Posted Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:23 pm

Looks like the state gave up on all state launches. Stopped by Holbrook after work today and it looks desolate.

Posted Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:00 pm

I thought the end of my driveway looked bad a couple of weeks ago!

Posted Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:40 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links