Looks like rain for Sunday. Will have to watch and see if it changes.

Posted Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:34 am

If possible just put this off until mid-March......there will be plenty of ice.....Holbrook one of the last places to melt....and if for some awful reason it never happens Carp has offered to do a barbeque/party at his house!!!

Posted Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:51 am

If we can't do an ice outing would there be any interest in doing a Salmon or Pike outing. We wouldn't need boats for a Salmon outing the Shetucket has some picnic tables at the parking lot for a cookout>))))))):>

Posted Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:33 am

Rain Sunday? Jeez we can't get a break!..................Flea's idea sounds good,I'm down for whatever,either way...........................And hey if it comes down to it, I'll host a barbecue. No problem, just can't afford to flip the bill for anything. BYOB and everyone bring something tasty and I'll do the grillin! Tbob's bringing the T-bones! Laughing

Posted Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:08 pm

carp13

Rain Sunday? Jeez we can't get a break!..................Flea's idea sounds good,I'm down for whatever,either way...........................And hey if it comes down to it, I'll host a barbecue. No problem, just can't afford to flip the bill for anything. BYOB and everyone bring something tasty and I'll do the grillin! Tbob's bringing the T-bones! Laughing

WOW!!! I was just saying to the wife, that we have to figure out what to do with the rest of the porgy's in the freezer!!! LOL As far as Sunday, Let's just make the call Saturday. Things tend to change quick here in New England!

Oh and if we do go Sunday, we can still have a river fest, and a Carpy BBQ!!!!! Be great to get together a few times during the year. Maybe, just maybe, we can invite the wives!..........................NA!!!!! Laughing

Posted Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:34 pm

Now their talking about a few inches of snow! Let's hope that happens!

Posted Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:06 am

Is everyone ok with driving in snow??? We still on for Holbrook tomorrow???

Posted Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:52 am

No problem with the snow, still around 8:00 a.m.

Posted Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:25 am

I'm there but never been there. I'm coming down Rt.85, where's the access at?

Posted Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:02 am

The entrance is about 1/2 mile north of rt 66. There is a sign.
I just drove down to the pond, the road is plowed to the dam and there is a parking area there. From the dam to the main parking area
(about 100 yards) is passable with 4 wheel drive. I plan on being there around 7:30.

Posted Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:33 pm

Regrettably, I'm gonna have to miss out on this. Something came up which I have to deal with. Have a great day and hit em hard.

Posted Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:38 pm

Sorry guys tomorrow is not going to work for me...I have a dog gone job I need to take care of literally.

Posted Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:17 pm

Boys and I will be here around 8ish. I hope! Two teenagers, ya never know! LOL See who ever comes in the morning.

Posted Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:15 pm

Be safe, and good fishing guys

Posted Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:31 pm

Cant swing it either....workin....have fun,good luck and will watch for report/pics!

Was lookin forward to meetin ya flea....guess we will have to attempt to do some kind of event in spring hopefully.

Posted Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:18 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links