I know, I know, way too early! At least I waited till someone else posted here first! Smile I figured we could pick a pond and wait to pick a date when we actually get some ice. Any thoughts??

Posted Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:28 am

Let me throw these out there, Coventry was convenient, I just suck at catching fish.
I suggest Highland or Mt Tom

Posted Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:55 am

could try lower bolton lake,good parking,easy to get to

Posted Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:49 pm

Lower Bolton is good for everybody getting a buzz on but not so good for fishing. Laughing

Posted Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:19 pm

Mt. Tom sounds good you might have a shot at a salmon.

Posted Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:00 am

Ok, I made it out, so now I'm itching to get this going again! We need to nail down a date and place. For those who didn't come last year, we had a great time! Must have had 10-12 of us out there. Let's try to get more of you out with us!

Please post your thoughts on a date and place

Posted Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:20 am

Coventry was cool in my book. But if everyone wants to go there again I would suggest either parking at the launch or hiking out further from the beach area than we did last year, atleast closer to the island,fishing sucked where we were at!.................Or how about this? Let's do it at night! That is if you all like our chances of staying out of jail and the lake for that matter!

Posted Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:27 am

carper,I dont think Lung and I can hike out much further than last years spot!Unless you have 911 on speed dial.

Posted Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:39 pm

we will get that guy on the 4 wheeler to drag you out

Posted Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:53 pm

bigoutdoors

we will get that guy on the 4 wheeler to drag you out

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Posted Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:58 pm

Ok this is right! I got 11 pages on the last CTFF get together post, but were still on the first page!!! Mad Let's get this thing nailed down! Last year we held it on the 20th of February, do we want to keep it in that area? If so, why don't we start with the Saturday 19 of February.

We still need to pick a pond too! It is the opinion of this guy, that we try to pick a central location. Mt Tom looks like a nice pond, but it is clear across the state from me. I'm going to a Wethersfield cove, on the 16, so I can scout that out.

Any other suggestions??

Posted Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:35 pm

Possibility of pike at the cove. I'm game for that. Any place that has the prospect of something other than endless perch, bluegill and pickerel is good with me. TBob we won't need no 911 you guys are in pretty good shape for old men! Wink But the snowmobile guy would be the move! Hertzy the tentative date is fine by me too. Alright fellas,who else is in?

Posted Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:18 pm

The 19th is good. How's the parking at the Cove?

Posted Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:05 am

No idea how the parking is, or even were to go! I have never been there. The event I'm going to is expecting around 20 or so guys, so I'm guessing there is a large area to park. I'll find out more later and post, and after I go there.

Posted Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:55 am

Plenty of parking there and also the DMV parking lot is adjacent to it and people park there also and just walk down the grass hill to the cove.Most people like to set up for pike along shore especially Northern edge.But usually can be good fishing just about anywhere on the cove.I know people who have gotten stripers and catfish there thru the ice also.Its a place where you never know what you got til it comes out the hole.And there lies the problem.If its a nice day you most likely will find quite a few fisherman there!

Posted Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:39 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links