I read on another board,some guy who owns a baitshop somewhere,don't remember where or which one,he says that in his opinion the run is at it's peak right now.

Posted Sun May 17, 2009 7:05 pm

I caught my 33" keeper and a 25" one launching at the 291 launch
using jig heads and swim bait tails

Posted Sun May 17, 2009 8:01 pm

They're here without question....this is peak week

Posted Sun May 17, 2009 9:02 pm

Peak week? More like Peak "WEAK" for me. I'll keep trying this week as the weather will be improving. I have Friday thru Tuesday off. Rolling Eyes

Posted Mon May 18, 2009 5:19 am

I'm heading out at 6 30 tomorrow to get me another keeper.
I found that fishing close to Hartford is very rewarding for me Very Happy

Posted Mon May 18, 2009 7:28 pm

Hey Sports, fishing in familier waters has it's comfort zone. Good Luck and keep us posted.

Posted Mon May 18, 2009 8:53 pm

Last couple days fishing has picked up, finally today I barely managed a keeper, small compared to what shark, and skipperj9 have caught the past 2 days fishing with me. I won't steal their thunder, our little tourny changed hands in about a 24 hour period. I haven't had the pleasure of even being on the board yet!
A top water swimmer or live eels produced fish.

Posted Mon May 18, 2009 9:14 pm

Nice Fish Lung!

Posted Tue May 19, 2009 5:27 am

Bout time Lung!Decent fish!But can you tone down the smile a little please!I am gonna try out of R.H. Wednesday again.Will let you know how we do.

Posted Tue May 19, 2009 7:59 am

check out this keeper

caught it today near the cove my boy caught a 41.5 chonger Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Posted Tue May 19, 2009 6:03 pm

here is another pic of my 36.5

Posted Tue May 19, 2009 6:05 pm

Some real nice fish there freak, congrats.

Hey carp you been out at all the past couple days?? Yesterdays afternoon wind sucked up this way.

Waiting on your report tbob

Posted Wed May 20, 2009 4:24 pm

thanks lung I couldn't believe it I have never had a striper that big
and she battled me I thought for sure my rod was going to break
hows your season going

Posted Wed May 20, 2009 5:18 pm

nah,went out on saturday and that was it,I just got called back to work after a 4 month layoff and taking any time off is just not an option for me.Bad timing,I wish I had a couple of more weeks off so I could hit the river hard.I'm pretty much reduced to weekends fishing now.I'm might try some casting from shore for an hour or so one evening but that's about it.I wish these bastards would have been running hard a few weeks ago!

Posted Wed May 20, 2009 6:38 pm

freak, I'm catching fish, nothing to write home about, guys I'm out with are getting some nice ones.
This season just seems out of sync to me for one reason or another.
No whining or excuses from me, I just need to get after them a bit harder I think and mix it up from what I'm used to.

Carp, aint that the way, nobody wants to be laid off, but at least they could time it better if they are going to put you through that crap. You still have plenty of time as long as it doesn't get real hot real fast.

Posted Wed May 20, 2009 8:15 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links