well i dont know how a fish ladder works but i dont think that they pick and chose what fish goes up. maybe i would understand it better if i knew how it works.

Posted Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:05 pm

From what I understand there is a public viewing area for the lift.

A fish ladder and a fish lift I believe are two different things, I'm not sure, sounds pretty different

I was kidding, I didn't think they control the fish they are lifting

Posted Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:11 pm

i found the fish count for 08 season this is as of sept. 16th 2008. and they only count what they see swim through the lift.

American Eel

American Shad

Atlantic Salmon

ATS, Released

Blueback Herring

Gizzard Shad

Sea Lamprey

Shortnose Sturgeon

Striped Bass

Other (ATS)

Other (ATS) Escapee

Posted Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:39 pm

Interesting info Reel_em
Shad count looks pretty good, not that I have anything to compare it to
Looks like the stripers should include the lamprey eel to their diet

Posted Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:54 am

aqualung

ehertzfeld

I didn't realize they went up that far. I just may have to check it out. I was planing on trying the Thames in the spring.

They sure do...they go as far up as the Holyoke Damn, I'm not sure if some get lifted over...I would think so.

some get lifted but catching them above does not happen much. I live a couple miles down from the dam i can't wait myself

Posted Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:26 am

Hiya Fisherman, another guy from up this way, excellent. Welcome to the site.
I hear you guys up in Mass do real well with the stripers on the CT river. What area up there do you fish?

Posted Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:37 am

i fish from the south end bridge in springfeild to the holyoke dam

Posted Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:50 am

Hey guys,
The CT River on the Rocky Hill/Wethersfield Line is fantastic!!!
1/2 mile past the Wethersfield cove on the west side of the river trolling with sluggos is the best! 12 inch white sluggo landed me a 44 incher last may! Give it a try.
Nicky

Posted Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:42 pm

Damn Nicky, 44" is a real nice fish out of the river, congrats!

Posted Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:54 pm

A meeting last evening at the CT river boat launch in Windsor, with the "The shark", "Aqualung" and "Loser" in attendance representing the "CT River Misfits" officially kicked off The second annual CT river striper tournament.

Last years competition was won by ME Laughing the first evening out at 32" I believe. It was a devastating blow to the competition, they just never recovered from the humiliation.

The official number of 4 participants with a winner take all prize of 150 bananas for the longest striper measured to the fork of the tail.
Boundaries being Enfield Dam to the north, Bissel Bridge to the south and all tributaries in between are allowed. Any legal means of catching the a fish on rod and reel is allowed.
May 31st at midnight is the official end time.
Update 4-3-09

The official roster. Revised 4-29-09

(3) site members "Aqualung","The Shark", "Skipperj9"

(1) non site members "Hippie"

I'm sure you all will be watching this competition closely so as soon as there is a leader on the board it will be posted.

A picture of last years champion With the winning fish

Last edited by aqualung on Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:12 pm; edited 4 times in total

Posted Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:34 am

You couldnt have picked a better name for that crew!!!! Hopefully one of you other 4 can de-throne Lung.Otherwise you will never hear the end of it!!!

Posted Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Little friendly competition

I would have been competition last year had I opted to join the fun, we'll see what this year brings.

Posted Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:43 pm

I would of, I could of, but you wimped out...bottom line!

At least this year, I can enjoy spending some of YOUR hard earned cash, I know how you like to part with money!

Posted Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:24 pm

Its on..

Posted Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Hmmmm, looks like I'll have to leave the Sandworms home and switch to white plastics! When do the big ones start running up? All mine seem to be under 30 inches.

Posted Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:25 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links