Been some great fishing going on in the river, skipperJ9 and myself have done very well the past couple nights.
This photo is of 5-15 Sunday evening, we limited out on the keepers, with 2 fish being 35" we had some voucher fish to boot. I didn't take any photos of last night but we each had keepers and voucher fish again.
Our buddies "The Shark" and Tommy were fishing in another boat both nights with us, and they did awesome as well.
Unfortunately the conditions have changed big time in the past 24 hours...Conditions were PERFECT up until today, we had 58 degree water and plenty of nice clear water. That has all changed to what we were fishing in 2 weeks ago Mad

Posted Tue May 17, 2011 7:40 pm

Very nice Lung! I had a feeling yous were doin pretty good up there cuz you always seem to get awfully quiet when you're on em. Wink ...........yeah,all this rain ain't doin us any favors,huh?

Posted Wed May 18, 2011 12:47 am

Nice pile of fish there Bobbo!

carpy,Day 1 results..........NUTTIN........river conditions not favorable right now.

Posted Wed May 18, 2011 7:52 am

Nope,just passed over the river at Hartford about an hour ago. It's just as high and dirty as it was 2 weeks ago! ...........on another note. Hey Lung, it's May 18th and TBob isn't even on the board yet. Just what exactly do you make of that? ..........What the hell you been waitin for Bob! They're not gonna just flop into your lap you know! Wink

Last edited by carp13 on Wed May 18, 2011 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Wed May 18, 2011 2:10 pm

He's been busy doin bait catchin tournies and not doin all that great either from what I understand Razz
He better get busy...he missed the first round.

Posted Wed May 18, 2011 2:43 pm

With conditions as ugly as they are, we opted for plan "B" SkipperJ9 and myself hit the river tonight knowing the fish are here, regardless of how wet the weather was and how muddy and high the CT river is we could still get em and with a major adjustment, we did, not great numbers but nice fish none the less, lunker was 33"

Posted Wed May 18, 2011 10:44 pm

Again, Lung you da man! I gotta say you guys are having a great spring run in your neck of the woods with more quality fish coming to the boat than usual. I'm sure it's just as good here, I just don't have as much time to put in as I used to. Stay after em Captain!............Oh, and I'll be giving you a call to find out what the "major adjustment" was. Wink

Posted Thu May 19, 2011 12:12 am

Hey Lung, it's May 18th and TBob isn't even on the board yet. Just what exactly do you make of that? ..........What the hell you been waitin for Bob! They're not gonna just flop into your lap you know! Wink([/quote] from Carpy)

and u have the nerve to ask for a spot on my boat tuesday?

Posted Thu May 19, 2011 9:56 am

I KNEW you were gonna say that!.......C'mon man,you know how it is around here. Anytime you get some ammo on me you don't hesitate for a second to use it! Very Happy

Posted Thu May 19, 2011 12:24 pm

Been a few days since I posted, we been smackin the stripes the past few days on both eels and top water. Some pictures of the bigger fish.

Posted Wed May 25, 2011 2:50 am

Very Nice Fish!.You Dirty Dog!

Posted Wed May 25, 2011 1:11 pm

Hit the CT river again yesterday with Mark "The Shark" and we managed our limit of keepers in a few hours. Fish were in the low 30's range. Drifting eels did the trick, water is dropping very fast unfortunately.

Posted Thu May 26, 2011 8:24 am

Looks like the "Ct River North Crew" is kicking butt this year..........I don't know what happened down here,thought we put together a pretty good crew last year, now it looks like I'm on my own for the most part with no time to fish on top of it...........But I think I have a new recruit and get this, he's from your neck of the woods! I think I converted him to the South River!........We may be contenders again next year (we did smash yous guys last year Wink ) cuz it looks like you all are just boating too many fish for the southside to even catch up.................plus you bastages get to fish everyday!.............Seriously though great work guys and nice fish to boot!..................I'll be at it on Sunday and Tuesday,hope they're still here hot n' heavy.

Posted Thu May 26, 2011 12:45 pm

Looks like the "Ct River North Crew" is kicking butt this year

LOL ya think?? The fishing is so hot here right now, it's stupid. I had 3 keepers this afternoon in one drift, 30 plus

You boys thought last year was competition?? You had a week of luck... Smile

Posted Thu May 26, 2011 5:51 pm

Anybody catch much south of Middletown the last day or two? Probably going to try the river again tomorrow and then out to Fisher's Island Sound this weekend where the squid and stripers have come in.

Posted Thu May 26, 2011 6:51 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links