Those of you who know me or have read my reports in the spring know where.
I released this 30" fish to continue her journey.

Last edited by aqualung on Wed May 25, 2011 2:57 am; edited 4 times in total

Posted Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:48 pm

Nice. Heading overseas next week until Easter. Can't wait to get back and catch some stripers.

Posted Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:57 am

Nice fish lung! Early too!............................. First legal striper of the year,congratulations sir!........... But hey,that's most likely a hold-over,isn't it?..................no run yet bud. ..................by the way I went out yesterday morning, mostly looking for pike but a schoolie or two would have done the job for me.........nothin for my efforts though....river still a little high and fast for yak fishing. I was surprised how clear the water was though,pretty good for the CT River and even better for this time of year............oh and tell the Shark that he ought not to be taking pictures with fish of that caliber or he's gonna ruin his rep! Wink

Posted Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:06 pm

I disagree with ya carpster, we saw a 34" that was caught on another boat same evening.
May be early in your estimation not mine.

Posted Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:15 pm

Way to go Bobby!!!......keep us posted on things as it gets warmer out.

Posted Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:41 pm

Hit a river north of Hartford again tonight in the rain with
"The Shark" was very slow but I did boat a 21" striper.

Posted Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:55 pm

Nice Lung. I've been watching the river that that river dumps into very closely and it hasn't looked remotely inviting in over a week now. Way to stay after em!

Posted Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:53 am

We have been out hitting the schoolie stripers pretty good the past few days. The Ct river is high and dirty so dialing them in is a bit of a challenge. I did manage another keeper last night, it just made it at 28.5 inches, it was a male so he was slim compared to the female I caught a couple weeks ago. I am still using lead heads and plastics, color is the key when fishing the murky water.

Posted Sun May 01, 2011 2:23 pm

You da man Lung!

Posted Sun May 01, 2011 4:09 pm

nice job.one of these days i will get some time to go for them

Posted Mon May 02, 2011 4:28 am

I just noticed, in the last picture your shirt says ROBALO!.............now you can't be keeping/wearing that shirt if you're selling the boat................guess we're keeping the boat eh? Wink

Posted Tue May 03, 2011 12:30 am

The shirts will go with the boat Carpster Wink
Just because it is up for sale does not mean it cannot be used.
I'm affraid $6 gas will keep her sitting on land though Crying or Very sad

Posted Tue May 03, 2011 6:11 am

Hit the Ct river north of Hartford yesterday for a couple hours with site member "theshark" the water was very dirty but starting to come down water temp was 52 degrees. We managed 8 schoolies between us the largest 23" all fish came on jig head with plastics

Posted Wed May 04, 2011 8:41 am

Any sea lice on those fish?......................Oh, and will you cut me a deal on the boat if I let you keep the shirts? Wink

Posted Wed May 04, 2011 12:44 pm

Sure I will cut you a deal, I kinda like the shirts, they are pocket T's those are hard to find Razz

Ya know, I have never noticed sea lice on any striper I have caught, wouldn't even know what they look like.

Posted Wed May 04, 2011 4:15 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links