I hope to get out this Wed the 10th with Carp, I think we will end up in the Groton/New London area Go Fish
Ive been busy and my boat has been sitting since spring striper season, hope she still floats Shocked

Posted Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:43 pm

She better freakin' float!.........................not planning on bringing swimming trunks!

Posted Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:44 am

carp13

She better freakin' float!.........................not planning on bringing swimming trunks!

You didn't have swimming trunks when you decided to go for a swim off tbob's boat either Razz

The floating part is easy, it's all the other incidentals that pop up when a boat has been sitting for a few months, I'm pretty sure we will be fine. I'm just glad we are not counting on all these hard core salt guys on this site to back us up Laughing

Posted Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:42 am

Used to be a couple of salty dudes on here............................feels like we're the last of the Moheekans lately.

Posted Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:38 am

Carpster...schedule change, I just checked the tide again, let's do departure from my place at 5 AM, not 6...we want to be at the launch a little after 6AM...if I don't see you get this message I will call you later.

Posted Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:27 pm

I picked up 1dz crabs and a couple of rigs this afternoon. I'll be trying in front of Fenwick tomorrow morning into first light. Then I'll be punching into work Sad

Posted Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:24 pm

Where the heck is "fenwick'??? if it's any where near New London you will have a good tide for early morning fishing.

Posted Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Curiosity killed the cat! I had to look so, here it is: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Fenwick&hl=en&ll=41.270904,-72.35364&spn=0.047931,0.111151&sll=41.500765,-72.757507&sspn=1.528359,3.556824&t=h&hnear=Fenwick,+Old+Saybrook,+Middlesex,+Connecticut&z=14

aqualung

Where the heck is "fenwick'??? if it's any where near New London you will have a good tide for early morning fishing.

Posted Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:45 pm

All I can say is we crushed em today...Carp will post up eventually
I had to play captain all day the least he can do is post the report.
FYI Carp caught Lunker .

Posted Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:38 pm

Nice going u 2 .....did Carpy have on his lucky golf shorts again???

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:37 am

tbob55

Nice going u 2 .....did Carpy have on his lucky golf shorts again???

And where were you??? Your priorities are obviously becoming distorted.

No no shorts but he did sacrifice his sunglasses to join your torium outfit at the bottom of the ocean. At the rate you guys are going there is going to be a hell of a junk pile in that area

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:44 am

oh now it comes out...i just got off phone with him and no mention of sunglasses overboard....i cant wait to see him this afternoon now!....thanks for the info Lunger!

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:55 am

Nope no golf shorts,rain gear turned out to be the uniform of the day............Met the Captain in front of his place at 5:00am,in the boat and headed to the grounds by 6:30. Lung starts hooking up immediately,he gets 3 or 4 before I figure out the bite. Never caught Tog before and it's a little different. Doesn't take long before I start swinging them over the side. The action is steady,starting to get a few keepers then I think we got blown off the spot. Steady wind and rain most of the day,a little bit of wave action. So we set anchor again and it was lock and load for the rest of the day, literally non-stop action. Then I get a hit,line starts screaming off of my reel as the fish heads for the bow, walking me down the side of the boat in the process, I had to keep it out of the anchor line so I crank down the drag. After a short hard-fought battle we can see the fish coming to the net. I'm half expecting to see a large striper thinking that that's what must have ate my crab. But no, turns out to be a pretty damned big Tog. It's pretty unbelievable how strong these fish are and I think I've found another species that I enjoy the hell out of catching................Long story short, we had our limit in the boat by 9:30. From there on out it was strictly catch and release. Lung couldn't believe the fishing was so good that we were throwing back 20 inchers left and right. I have no idea how many we boated. My best guess is probably close to sixty. Many keepers went back in the water, five of which were 20 inches or more. We left them biting at 12:30.............When a fisherman looks back on all his days on the water there are sure to be a few that stick out and are pleasant to remember. This was one of those days. We were just shaking our heads and laughing the whole time. The fishing was that ridiculous. Mr. Lung thank you for everything and as always the pleasure was all mine!

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:11 pm

The limit

20 incher

The 20" Toss!

8lbs,23"

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:44 pm

Good stuff...I'm glad the weather gave us the break we needed in the morning, because it was getting ugly pretty quick just after 12.
Hope that your reel survived the work out, it took quite a beating against those togs, especially big Bertha.
Definitely an awesome day in the catching dept. we did make a couple adjustments with the boat and then it was just lock n load.
Catch a few, kick back drink a beer, catch a few, kick back drink a beer....you get the picture.
I'm a little worried though Carp, that being your first tog trip...TRUST me, they don't ALL go that way.
Glad you could be a part of it.

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:01 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links