thats sweet.hoping to go out on sunday

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:32 pm

Very nice fishing you guys. I got squat! Wasn't fishing long, but I thought it would be a hot 'tog spot for sure. The only draw-back I could see was it may have been a little shallow (~10ft) and the tide can really rip between the old breakwall and pier that is there. I don't think Blackfish like water that is too churned up, but I'm not the most experienced at this either. I'm not gonna give up on the spot just yet; I'll give it another shot next week.

This weekend I'm down to RI though, and Blackfish is on the target list next to bass and Blues.

That's a great shot of Carp' throwing that girl overboard!

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:02 pm

bigoutdoors

thats sweet.hoping to go out on sunday

Good luck BigO and Prota

From what I can see Sat. is the best day for the next few.

Small Craft Advisory in effect from Friday afternoon through Friday evening
Long Island Sound East Of New Haven Ct/Port Jefferson Ny-
Tonight W winds around 10 kt. Seas 1 ft or less...then around 2 ft after midnight.
Fri
W winds 10 to 15 kt...becoming NW 15 to 20 kt in the afternoon. Gusts up to 25 kt in the afternoon. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
Fri Night
N winds 15 to 20 kt...diminishing to 10 to 15 kt after midnight. Gusts up to 25 kt in the evening. Seas around 2 ft in the evening...then 1 ft or less.
Sat
NW winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming W in the afternoon. Seas 1 ft or less.
Sat Night
SW winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
Sun
SW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
Sun Night
SW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:09 pm

protacanthopterix

That's a great shot of Carp' throwing that girl overboard!

My only regret of the day was that I did not get any shots of Mr. Lung in his element. He did all the camera work for the day and did a fine job too I might add. Next time I'm going to have to take the time to wash all the fish slime and crab guts off of my hands and pick up a camera!

Posted Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:55 am

That was great reading and so were the pics. Awesome fish!

Posted Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:57 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links