Based on recent weather, unless we're talking ice fishing, March is a bit early!
angryjohn

First round proposed schedule.
March CT River salmon cove area-south central
April Moodus reservoir-south central
May Aspenook/Quinabaug-east
June Candlewood lake-west
July Bashan lake-south central
August Long pond- south east
September Winchester -west
October Hopeville pond-east
November?
This is just a proposal for location only and then we can move on to any dates that work or don't I was thinking a regular 1st Saturday or second Sunday type thing would work best.

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:18 pm

Each year is different, and we fished the entire year last year. If the weather sucks, or the conditions do not allow for a nice/safe event then the event will be canceled and we move on to the next event. I plan to be out as soon as the ice gives way, and salmon cove has some good pike action. I dont plan to try that one in my yak due to the water temps...

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:50 pm

I know AJ, I'm just being a crack-pot. Although to be honest, I've never used my yak as a sled, . . . . yet!

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:47 pm

angryjohn

I plan to be out as soon as the ice gives way, and salmon cove has some good pike action...

Very true. Ice out provides some awesome pike action. I get my new boat 3/2, and if I get a chance I'll head out. March and April also bring run-off and flooding, so it's always a crapshoot.

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:20 pm

Any dates / places been determined for the CTFF get together tourneys?

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:15 pm

I'm out until late April. Five stitches in my left hand and a bad sprain in right ankle (yup, been busy). Then out of town to see family in the mid-west.

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:19 pm

Jeezus Paul! Be more careful will ya?

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:27 am

i am hoping that the incident had nothing to do with fishing. Never give the wife any excuse to not let you go again Razz

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:15 pm

If you guys dont mind I would love to join this year

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:18 pm

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:19 pm

Two separate incidents, neither were connected to fishing, fishing equipment or fishing dreams!!! One was a 4" hole saw, the other was an ice patch in the driveway! I do feel an odd desire to stop in at the ER and say Hi to the gang though.
angryjohn

i am hoping that the incident had nothing to do with fishing. Never give the wife any excuse to not let you go again Razz

Posted Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:11 pm

The more the merrier!
alejandro219

Posted Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:16 pm

I will be moving out of state here in the beginning of aug, so someone will have to coordinate the events. If people are interested I will work on the first few. This month looks like a bust.

Posted Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:18 pm

pramsey

Two separate incidents, neither were connected to fishing, fishing equipment or fishing dreams!!! One was a 4" hole saw, the other was an ice patch in the driveway! I do feel an odd desire to stop in at the ER and say Hi to the gang though.

angryjohn

Oh............... I just assumed you were chasing hookers in Hartford, got stabbed by a pimp and and then twisted your ankle while running for your life...............Either way I guess, glad you're okay. Laughing

Posted Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:37 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links