We have all winter to get some ideas and plans together. I missed both of the events last year. With as much as I fish we could have an event every weekend but that may be to much for some. With people all over the state it might be better to have one a month planed with them all over the state so people get a chance to get together with those in there area. Is anyone else interested????

Posted Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:00 pm

Ya it sucked you missing out this year, from your location near Groton it makes it a long ride. Hope we can settle on someplace in the center of the state . That way it will even out the ride for most a 1.5-2 hour ride in 1 direction makes for a crappy way to end a long day of fishing

Posted Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:19 pm

All for it. If I'm going to fish new areas, it's great to have companyand people who know the water. A get together a month would be fun. Spread 'em around, and everyone could make a few. For those not sure what "plan" involves, it's show up at a location, and bring something to throw on the grill or to eat afterwards. Very Happy

Posted Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:20 pm

The more simple the plan the better. Set a date and find out who will bring the grill and go from there. Hard to mess that up!!!!

Posted Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:06 pm

find the water or lake have pizza delivered to the ramp

Posted Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:19 pm

And that kind of planning is my style. Great idea bob

Posted Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:37 pm

I would be up for that, it was fun last year at Winchester.

Posted Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:31 pm

As we go I will look at some areas to meet
Moodus reservoir-south central
Bashan lake-south central
CT River salmon cove area-south central
Long pond- south east
Aspenook/Quinabaug-east
Hopeville pond-east
Candlewood lake-west
Lake Zoar-west

These are lakes that are good or I want to try. If there are other ideas I will collect a list and vote. Then I can start to work out a calendar for events.

Posted Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:13 am

Sounds like a good list, could add:
Winchester -west
Coventry - east
Gardener - central
Patchaug - east

Just be sure to check the DEEP web site to see if there are tourney's already there for the dates you pick out, some of those launches get really crowded.

Posted Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:32 am

I don't care were we have it next year. The thing I liked about last year was a lot of no wake zones. We were able to fish in canoes and kayaks with no problems.

Posted Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:00 pm

First round proposed schedule.
March CT River salmon cove area-south central
April Moodus reservoir-south central
May Aspenook/Quinabaug-east
June Candlewood lake-west
July Bashan lake-south central
August Long pond- south east
September Winchester -west
October Hopeville pond-east
November?
This is just a proposal for location only and then we can move on to any dates that work or don't I was thinking a regular 1st Saturday or second Sunday type thing would work best.

Posted Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:56 pm

Count me in as well for regular scheduled fish meets.
I am down in stratford but will go anywhere.
i have my nucanoe but would love to hop on a boat as well.
i would bring whatever food is needed

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:10 pm

I would love to join an event and glean some knowledge and fun times from the members here at CTFF, but I do not have a boat and it seems like most "meets" center on that.... I love reading about them but for me and I suspect others to join, shore events would need to be added as well. Whatever happens down the road, happy fishing and good luck!

Posted Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:50 am

when there are get togethers extra seats open up in boats for ppl who want to join in. When a date is locked in on a event just mention you need a seat im sure one of us can open a spot up for ya

Posted Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:30 pm

Looking forward to attending this year

Posted Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:10 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links