Specifically GY senko the consistency of the rubber is perfect dosent break too easily and moves properly in water. I have never used a dinger but i will have to pick some up. Also with all plastic baits I just use a lighter and melt the edges where the break is and let it set for a few mins and then back in business. I have an entire bag of "educated" senkos and even some franken senkos that are made up of parts of other senkos. I love this bait and when the bite is hot I pretty much dont use anything else.

Posted Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:01 pm

I stopped using senkos a while ago sick of catching rats all day, I'd rather target and catch big fish. They're a great bait for kids if you just want to catch a lot of fish. As far as making them last longer go to arbys and take some of their straws they slide right over a senko. Cut a little peice of the straw and put it in the center where you would put the hook in, to wacky rig it, it doesn't affect the action and will make them last far longer.

Posted Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:38 am

Ctspropro said...I stopped using senkos a while ago sick of catching rats all day, I'd rather target and catch big fish. They're a great bait for kids if you just want to catch a lot of fish.

Not sure why you think a senko is only for small bass. I've used the GY 7" on fish close to 10lbs., and they are a go to down south for some truly lunker fish. Don't really fish them much up here as I fish far more salt water than fresh, but they can certainly produce big fish.

Posted Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:00 pm

they can catch a big fish here and there and you'll catch a s*** ton of rats on the way. I'd rather weed out the rats and target quality fish. I'm far more interested in quality of fish than quantity.

Posted Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:47 pm

No offense dude but you're talking about quality fish and you have a picture with a "rat" in your avatar...................Just sayin'

Posted Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:14 pm

Ive used both and notice very little difference between them both senkos are a bit more durable dingers are cheaper so I would say its all about the 1 you feels get ya better fish ....i stick with diggers because of the price.....I like cheap....

Posted Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:30 pm

You can Get Kinami senkos, which are made by Gary Yamamoto and are the EXACT same baits from walmart or Dicks for about $4.50 a pack

Posted Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:53 am

thanks ill check them out ...wali-mart in Bristol pretty much trashed there fishing area couple years back so havent looked for anything there sence ... there was a dicks sporting goods out on the Berlin turnpike off hand anyone know if its still there ?

Posted Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:35 am

nwdarkcloud

... there was a dicks sporting goods out on the Berlin turnpike off hand anyone know if its still there ?

Yes, Dick's still has a store on the Berlin Turnpike. Also another in the mall in Meriden off I-691

Posted Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:41 pm

thanks for the infor Mac

Posted Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:43 am

I like the Strike King Shimm-E-Stik, it is cheaper and a bit tougher than the senko. I have a few forked tailed dingers that are big and the pike love em.

Posted Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:11 pm

I just put in a big order with Bass Pro Shops. Their branded name "senko" type stick bait was about 25% the cost of the real deal. $3change for 16. They were well reviewed. I have to find a way to cut down on plastic costs. Between the bass, the freakin pickerel....and the lily's, I'm spending a fortune. I figure these are probably like strike kings, which I've never had a problem with.

Posted Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:43 pm

My two cents is that Senko are the best if you talking quality only. But if you develop confidence in another cheaper brand your better off. A guy on ebay sells some that are pretty awsome. Search on Ebay "5" senko style mix and match". I also to agree with guy above who said they tend to catch more smaller fish. My brother and I fish about 10-12 hours a week for about 8 months of the year and have never picked up anything much more than 3.5 lber on a senko. We usally throw a senko(style) on every trip.

Posted Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:10 am

i use yum's/dinger. wacky em. works like a charm. i wacky super bugs, sally's. whatever.

Posted Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:44 pm

Senko all the way, they have better action. That's why my old name was billy senko.

Posted Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:45 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links