Just ordered some of the "stuff" from charkbait.com. I'll let you know what I think about it.

Posted Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:09 am

My grandson found a plastic worm at the Avery Pond boat ramp this past Saturday. It was pretty hacked up. I used the "Mend It" stuff from charkbait and if it weren't for the "scars" it would be like new.

They also sell something called Zap-a-Gap Adhesive. As the web site says "...works well when rigging your lure on a leadhead. Apply a little on the base of the hook and where the lure comes in contact with the leadhead. Give it a couple minutes to dry, and you'll find that the lure will hold onto the hook better, be less prone to shift position and likely last longer

http://www.charkbait.com/cs/csc2.htm

Posted Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:06 pm

I purchased Mend-it (a soft plastic bait repair “glue”) from Chark-bait.com and received a 1 oz. plastic bottle (12.00 plus 8.50 for standard shipping). Expensive, but if it worked as well as advertised it could save $$ in the long run. The first time I used it I was impressed. The second time I used it I was not so impressed, because it had thickened up considerably but still worked, the third time (supposed to be a charm, right?) it had thickened up so much I couldn’t get it out of the bottle.

Tonight (Jan 7, 2011) I spoke to Will Hesch, the owner of Central Coast Bass Fishing (the manufacturer of Mend-it) in Atascadero,
CA. He informed me that the problem is caused by the plastic bottle. The chemical is actually slowly evaporating THROUGH the bottle, NOT through a poor seal in the cap, which is what I thought.

He informed me that if I could get ahold of some MEK (methyl-ethyl-ketone or Butanone) about ½ tsp max, well mixed will return it to as-new condition. He suggested a hardware or paint store type paint can shaker for about 2 min.

If you want to try the product, I found it to be the cheapest (including postage) through him at www.menditglue.com. 1 oz $12 plus $5 shipping. And they have changed the packaging to a glass bottle with a brush-in-cap style applicator. In the glass the chemical can’t evaporate like with the plastic bottle and it should last a looooooong time. They also have a ½ oz. bottle for $7.

And, No I’m not getting paid for this.
pramsey

My grandson found a plastic worm at the Avery Pond boat ramp this past Saturday. It was pretty hacked up. I used the "Mend It" stuff from charkbait and if it weren't for the "scars" it would be like new.

Posted Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:00 pm

I'm definitely gonna buy some of this, last year I went through alot of platics more dingers than finesse so this should save me more money and lures thanks for the info guys.

Posted Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:34 am

Mend it is awesome I buy it every year, saves you alot of money especially with swimbaits, and its amazing how it doesn't stick to your fingers! The new glass bottle is great too!

Posted Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:56 pm

I get mine from tacklewarehouse.com its a good website!

Posted Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:04 pm

Senkos never fail! And I rig wacky when ican. Never tried dingers though

Posted Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:47 pm

try strike king zero. they are made with cyberflex . their almost indestructible and soft, bass gobble them up. Go Fish

Posted Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:03 pm

I've been having good luck with strike king zero worms

Posted Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:52 am

I've used both and caught fish with both. The Dingers do seem to last a little longer.

Posted Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:50 am

senko`s buy all means, they have better action and more flexable. I have caught 100`s of bass on them over the years. They last longer if you put an O ring on them.

Posted Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:58 pm

hence the name "billySENKO"?

Posted Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:23 pm

Yea Pramsey, It is hard ton fish with anything else. But this year I am trying to learn jig fishing. Not doing to bad, but I have aways to go. I have caught about 30 bass so far. When I go to Bashan Lake , it is all crankbaits. I can catch from 15-25 bass on the good days.

Posted Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:37 pm

I am a recent (this past summer) convert to senkos and it was my brother from NYC who turned me onto them. he straight wacky rigs them and takes countless largemouth and smallmouth from the ponds and lakes of Central Park and the surrounding boroughs of NYC. a cool trick he showed me was to slide the senko thru an o ring and place the hook between the senko and o ring and skin hook the worm to give it some weedlessness and you can toss em almost anywhere. Works for me, too!

Posted Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:12 pm

SENKO`S by a mile.

Posted Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:00 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links