Hit the CT river north of Hartford today with Mark the Shark
I managed 3 little guys, largest maybe 21"
A bubble gum color on a white jig head did the trick...LOW & SLOW!
Game on guys, I may post a pic or two if I can get them

Posted Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:15 pm

WOOHOOOOO! On my way out Lung,hittin the river today.Yeah, GAME ON!

Posted Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:53 am

NICE!......glad you were able to get out there!......sure you needed it!........looks like I gotta start hittin it soon.

Carpy.....make sure you report!!!

Posted Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:51 am

Heres a realtime report from our unemployed friend in his yak fishin the river.....1 smallie (came unbuttoned at yak) and 1 striper (again came unbuttoned at yak).....either the hooks are rusty or the person setting them is rusty.....hope the next update is better!

Posted Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:28 pm

The boats already just need to find the time. I will be out soon, I'll give you a call carp before I head out.

Posted Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:30 pm

He is doing the no mess C&R
At least he is bending the rod

Posted Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:30 pm

yup,rod bent and wont even have to wash his hands when he gets home.

Posted Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:03 pm

I see you guys were yukkin it up while I was out.Nice one TBob! Did manage to boat one.The one that came unbuttoned was alot nicer,probably woulda went 25" or better....Lookin forward to hearing from ya Don. By the way,the river is falling rapidly and suprisingly clear.I could see my orange paddle-blade to almost five feet.Charter Oak landing and East River Drive Park were gated this morning,had to launch in the Hockanum River.The stripers came on Fin-S Fish and Shad Raps and I had a smallie hit a Shad Rap.Saw a couple of guys in a boat pull a couple of small bass in Harford and watched a shore fisherman land a big catfish,maybe 8 lbs. The one that got away was pulling ALOT of drag,oh well.It was a beautiful day to be out,had to beat the cold front that's coming tonight.Took out at Keeney Cove.

Posted Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:35 pm

Nice fish did it give you a nice ride. Looking forward to getting out.

Posted Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:59 am

Good report Ev......I figured you wouldnt mind me passing on your early report for us to read while we were at work.Besides "yukkin it up" is what makes the world go round!

Posted Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:15 am

Went to wethersfield cove Thursdayafternoon. Schoolies are behind the DMV parking lotOff to the right where the grass meets the water. Coming in to shore and tearing up baitfish in 4" of water!

Posted Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:03 pm

Sounds good! I may have to hit Great River Park this week, assuming the water's down, and see if I can get anything from shore.

Posted Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:09 pm

Have been out a couple times the past few days.
besides my first striper(s) last Wednesday 4-7-2010
Sunday night 'The shark' and myself hit the Farmington late afternoon
nothing happening except a Mill fire on the river up in Windsor Locks so we hauled out and re-launched on the CT river for a front row seat, we were met there by skipperj9 and Co. needless to say we didn't catch any fish that night, but we all had a good time.
Last night, Monday Skipperj9 and myself put in an honest effort on the Farmington throwing Fin-s of many different color combinations, with nothing to show for it.
I will throw this in here because I don't think Mark will post. Today Mark the shark caught his first ct river striper of the season above Hartford in the Windsor area.
Some pictures

Last edited by aqualung on Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:52 pm

Nice pics Lung.Trying to get out and give it another shot before the end of the week.

Posted Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:30 am

Wish I was going with ya. Good luck.

Posted Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:33 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links