Way to go guys...you were killing me with the phone report this morning. Beautiful fish gents!
Gotta love the top water action huh tbob!!

Posted Mon May 17, 2010 3:19 pm

Lung we missed you this morning man! Wished ya coulda made it.

Posted Mon May 17, 2010 3:56 pm

That wasnt a report this morn on cell....it was an "armtwist".
Topwater was fukkkkin awesome chit!!!!

Posted Mon May 17, 2010 5:31 pm

Damn you guys are killing um.. way to go... I been spending my fishing time focused on largemouth after my few weeks of slow stripers but I think I may have to get a few more trips in before there gone.

Posted Mon May 17, 2010 7:26 pm

berlinbassman

I think I may have to get a few more trips in before there gone.

Go for it Jay...I would suggest Haddam, Rocky Hill or even old saybrook. They have been pretty fussy most of the time up north here

Posted Mon May 17, 2010 7:40 pm

I tried Haddam yesterday with no results. They just weren't around. Went for lgmouth as well and only got a perch. Met some other guys at the ramp with the same results. Glad you found them up north.

Posted Tue May 18, 2010 3:26 am

I wonder if the stripers being south of hartford doesn't have something to do with the huge amount of alewives in the Wethersfield cove currently Question
picking them off as they head back

Posted Tue May 18, 2010 3:57 am

I would say you are right on the money!While fileting we found bellies full and one of the fish we boated had a mouthful!

Posted Tue May 18, 2010 6:48 am

I guess I'll have to keep my ear to the ground and wait for them to go south.

Posted Wed May 19, 2010 3:32 am

Hit the river today looking for anything biting. Got to wethersfeild cove about noon. Fished the cove for a while with no luck so we headed down to keeney cove. My buddy boated a nice pike and we hit a few largemouth. Headed over to the no name cove south and pick up a 4 pound lunker on a jerk bait. No sign of stripers but we had a good day on the water. Saw a bunch of boat as we were pulling out. Did the Wednesday tourny start already?

I don't know why I'm standing like that Confused

Posted Wed May 19, 2010 7:22 pm

Nice fish!
Sounds like a good day on the river guys, work the main river and you may get your keeper striper yet!!

Posted Wed May 19, 2010 7:56 pm

I saw three Russian dudes with a beautiful 40" striper pulled from the Wethersfield Cove at 8:45 PM fishing with Mackerel tonight.

Unfortunately, I was wasting my time fishing for catfish with chicken livers.

Posted Wed May 19, 2010 8:08 pm

Real nice fish BBM!!!......carpy and I tried our first late aft/early eve trip tonite....I picked up this keeper at 32 and dropped another one at the boat.Carpster managed a short in between gettin hung up all nite and breakin off the rotten braid and flourocarbon he insists on using!We are goin back in the a.m.

Posted Wed May 19, 2010 8:08 pm

wow nice fish tbob!!! did you launch out of wethersfeild. I might have just missed you we got back to the launch around 7. I was thinking about heading out in the AM also. I tried fishing the main river but got discourage quickly.... Might have to spend a whole day just focused on stripers

Posted Wed May 19, 2010 8:19 pm

Chunkin Mackerel in the cove...go figure!! LOL

Way to go tbob, strike while the irons hot bud, you got em dialed in

Posted Wed May 19, 2010 8:20 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links