while i agree that their are many things that can harm fish such as plastic baits, many of these plastic baits are not eaten. While fishing them there is also skill involved. Now with the Alabama rig, if the rig does come off with a fish attached it would defiantly kill the poor fish. It is not weight less like a senko, it is hefty. Also there is no school attached, you might as well be commercial fishing. II hope they are banned in all waters....imagine reeling one of those rigs in front of a school of crappie, youll catch all of them in one cast....ITS NOT FAIR, and it involves no sport. we gotta keep the fisherman's ethics

Posted Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:23 pm

I'm not sure how I feel about these things. My brother sent me this picture the other day.He lives in Chicago and is a very good/active bass angler.He fishes tournaments regularly and has trailered his boat all over the country to be in them. He wins money doing it and has countless 8lb+ fish to his credit including an 11lber+ from Lake Fork Texas. He just started screwing around with one of these and says that there are only 2 baits /hooks on his rig and the rest are blades. He says they are still allowed in all the tournaments he fishes except B.A.S.S. sanctioned events. When I phoned him yesterday to call him a "cheater" he laughed.

Posted Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:59 am

Im with Carp on this. Don't know how I feel. I have two of these for salt, but in Fishers Island sound, I caught sea weed that was floating, rather than fish. Only tried them once. Never thought about break off until Mac brought it up. That does pose a good concern. Now were I think the chances of a fish going after this rig wile it is swimming around with another fish, is slim, I do think that hooked fish could be hung up on some structure. To be honest, I have really thought about any harm our baits pose to fish with a break off. Makes me feel better about using my fly rod most of the time. No one can say that takes the sport out of it! Very Happy

Posted Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:09 am

x182dan

Meh leave that rig for the saltwater it is banned from BASS for a reason.

The a-rig isn't banned from BASS. It is a subject governed by state to state regs and laws on how where and when you can use it.
It is only banned from the Elite series and Bass Master Classic

Posted Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:00 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links