Hit the Barn yesterday,was on the water by 7am,should have left earlier. Did some "lazy man" fishing. Used the outgoing tide to help carry me around the west end of sandy beach where I picked up a short fluke. Jigging with one rod and drifting an eel with the other. Made my way to the middle ground area,bluefish cut my eel off. Missed a few hits on the jig,squid/spearing combo. Saw one boat reeling in a fair share of short fluke. Picked up another short off of the southeast side of the breakwater. Made my way to the east point of sandy beach for the incoming hoping for striper,no fish there. The tide seemed alot slower than it was a week ago when that spot was stacked with schoolies and blues. It was a bright sunny day with no wind to speak of,didn't see anyone else doing much so decided to call it a day around 12:30. Paddling into the launch at a good clip with an eel still trailing behind me on the surface a bluefish blew up on it bigtime. Most excitement I had all day. The ruckus he made was bigger than he was,about 20" less than 100 yards from the launch.

Posted Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:33 pm

Keep putting your time in, you will be rewarded

Good report

Posted Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:51 pm

Mr.Moderator...please put this report under the correct forum...thanx.

Posted Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:47 pm

And what would be the correct forum for a general salt water trip out of the Barn be Mr tbob????
Also, while it it nice to see you make your weekly visit, it would have been courteous to answer my question from your previous visit.
OH! or maybe moodus just sucked you in....LOL

Posted Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:10 pm

Man Bob, have a drink or something! .............Chill out man! Laughing ...........As far as the report goes,forgot to mention that there were sand eels all over the place,some kind of bug hatch between the launch and sandy beach (swarms of tiny bugs in the water,don't know what they were) and squid were hitting my baits in the middle ground area.

Posted Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:34 am

Geeez....I was workin on a good buzz when I typed that! Just was surprised to find a "report" under "discussion". Bwahahahahahahaha!

Lunger,can you do me/us a favor? Change your avie,tired of lookin at that little cod.

Posted Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:08 am

Well in the case that were tipping a few all is good Smile

The little cod in my avatar won me a couple hundred dollars that day if you recall and some of that $200 was your money. I will leave it there a little longer just to remind you of that.

Don't get me going Mr tboob I will or I will have to unleash some of my never ending quick wit on ya, and we both know you never fare very well when I do so

Posted Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:38 am

Just don't use the cormorant pic, PLEASE! -
tbob55

Geeez....I was workin on a good buzz when I typed that! Just was surprised to find a "report" under "discussion". Bwahahahahahahaha!

Lunger,can you do me/us a favor? Change your avie,tired of lookin at that little cod.

Posted Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:45 am

Just don't use the cormorant pic, PLEASE!

Ahhh yes the good ole choke'n the chicken pic Laughing

Posted Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:13 am

Chicken pic was one of your better ones. Laughing

Posted Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:39 am

aqualung

Just don't use the cormorant pic, PLEASE!

Ahhh yes the good ole choke'n the chicken pic Laughing

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:40 pm

aqualung

Well in the case that were tipping a few all is good Smile

The little cod in my avatar won me a couple hundred dollars that day if you recall and some of that $200 was your money. I will leave it there a little longer just to remind you of that.

Don't get me going Mr tboob I will or I will have to unleash some of my never ending quick wit on ya, and we both know you never fare very well when I do so

Ah yes grasshopper......and what year was that?..2007?.....please do bring the wit.....its pure joy when you try to liven it up here.....plus gives me a reason to login.

Posted Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:26 pm

aqualung

Don't get me going Mr tboob

I see my nick name is starting to stick!

Posted Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:42 pm

Okay, just for fun I've changed my icon. This fish won me $150. Some of it was TBob's money and some of it was Lung's money!........................BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:11 am

Jaysus! I'm no codfisher, but that is a hellofa pollack. I would have paid you as soon as it was over the rail! That does it!!! I am doing a cod trip within a year's time. Or I will die trying...

Posted Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:45 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links