Nice Largemouth BB! The stripers are still here but I don't think for much longer. It's easy to get discouraged,it's happened to me a couple times,I've given up and fished bass. But trust me,you put the time in and all of a sudden all hell breaks loose and it will be well worth it. Give it an honest go next time you go out because what do you have to loose? You can fish bass the whole summer. We felt a little deflated tonight because we didn't do as good as we have been but we still managed another double header (even though mine was short) and even that beats a day of bass fishing any day in my opionion.

Posted Wed May 19, 2010 8:41 pm

ahhhh isn't a striper a bass???? just saying! Very Happy

Posted Thu May 20, 2010 5:04 am

Well, in all likelihood in what will be our last trip Carp did good and tbob got his first skunk!I think the fact he was wearing his lucky golf shorts helped him quite a bit! Final tally is 17 keepers taken over the last couple weeks.Not bad at all!We have had a blast catchin these fish and gonna be tough to switch gears and fish for LMB now.

I just gotta ask...would any of you wear shorts like those in public?

Posted Thu May 20, 2010 5:08 pm

Way to go AGAIN Carp
You guys had a great spring with the stripers, you could hang it up for the season knowing you spanked em

Posted Fri May 21, 2010 7:49 am

Thanks Lung, not ready to hang it up though. They're still here and I still gotta try to get one from the yak before they're gone! After that,got to follow them out to the sound when I can. The last 2 weeks have spoiled me,now nothing under 10lbs on the end of my line will do! Wink

Posted Fri May 21, 2010 10:38 am

That a way carp...stay after them....your'e hooked now bud.

I tried to explain to tbob a couple years ago, how it is hard to make the transition to lake and pond fishing after the spring run.
I think he gets it now Wink

Posted Fri May 21, 2010 1:21 pm

Yes Mr.Lung....I getz it!!! And I most def will have better numbers than you on Monday! I think the heat will drain your energy for jiggin.

Posted Fri May 21, 2010 2:43 pm

WTF guys?....me and carp take a break and this thread does too???

Posted Sun May 23, 2010 4:23 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links