ok so my fishing buddy is going to PA this weekend and now I hear that there is mountain lions roaming around CT. Im going to be walking around the woods alone at dawn just to get to my favorite fishing hole . Not sure how I feel about that.

Posted Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Haven't heard about the mountain lions but there are black bears and wild boar too now. I don't know man,I'd stay home if I was you! Wink

Posted Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:16 pm

I dont want to waste a saturday of fishing just because there "might" be a mountain lion, but damn that would suck if I get mauled lol

Posted Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:40 pm

I would say that if there was "A" mountain lion (as opposed to a group), AND it was wild, not a lost "pet" AND no one has been mauled yet, chances are pretty slim that anyone will have an issue with them in the near future. Just like black bears that have been seen in the northern edges of Norwich and in other areas, has anyone been mauled by one yet? or malled for that matter? But then there's always a first........... maybe I'll stay home too!!

Posted Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:45 pm

There was a mountain lion roaming Greenwich, which was hit and killed on the Wilber Cross last week. Some idiots exotic pet.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/hc-milford-car-vs-mountain-lion-0612-20110611,0,2357918.story

Posted Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:19 pm

Anybody see the news a few weeks ago when they were talking about wild pigs spreading throughout the country? They said they're here too. How'd you like to run up on one of those in the woods? Probably more likely one of those would get after ya than a bear or even a mountain lion.

Posted Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:56 pm

redneckangler

There was a mountain lion roaming Greenwich, which was hit and killed on the Wilber Cross last week. Some idiots exotic pet.

NO question it was there, saw a pic of the body in the Norwich Bulletin. And yeah, I'd take both the bear AND the mountain lion over the hogs! The bear and the ML will probably move away, but the hogs are more likely to chase.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/hc-milford-car-vs-mountain-lion-0612-20110611,0,2357918.story

Posted Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:02 am

I don't know. Those hogs are pretty tasty. Buddy of mine brought some back from a Georgia trip. If I saw one wandering through my back yard, I might just be eating a lot of chops, ribs, pulled pork and bacon!

Posted Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:39 am

Well i havent seen any ML or bears or wild pigs roaming around the woods so far, knock on wood, so im just gonna keep fishin, caught my first ever smallmouth at the saugatuck this week! Cant wait till tomorrow!

Posted Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:35 am

Got a nice wake up by a Bear about 3 weeks ago. First time for me...Yes I ran!!!

Posted Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:42 pm

Glad you're OK!! Where were you when this happened?
kitchen2218

Got a nice wake up by a Bear about 3 weeks ago. First time for me...Yes I ran!!!

Posted Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:25 am

I was fishing the pond off Rt 44 behind the old Margarita's

Posted Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:03 pm

Don't have to be faster than the bear, just your fishing partner!

Posted Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:03 pm

LOL...I was alone...lol

Posted Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:35 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links