Called minn kota today to try and understand what the effect of a digital maximiser is, and am more lost than ever. Amp draw for the endura 45 motor is the same as the traxxis 45 with digital maximizer. Speed 1 for both motors draw 7amps and 42 amps at speed five for both motors. So in my world that means that battery life will be the same for both, assuing that the source is the same. Is it just a sales gimmic or is there really a reason. As a side note they recomend a huge battery that no one woulld try and use as a function of weight alone, not to mention size. I was looking at the trojan scs 150 as a main supply which does not meet min req's according to minn kota. Any input???? Weight is right there at 50 and i would hope it would run the hummingbird 345c that i want as well.

Posted Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:46 pm

I have a 38lb thrust minn kota endura with a group 24 size battery. I don't know what the amp draws are at each speed but 1 and 2 are close in speed. I use 1 to adjust position during a drift 2 to troll. 3 and 4 are almost indiscernible and a big difference in speed. I use 3 to move from spot to spot when I'm not in a big hurry and to conserve battery life because 5 is very fast and must be a huge difference in amp draw. I never use 4.The maximizer allows you to move at exactly the speed you want and in theory saves the battery because you can run it at a speed/amp draw somewhere in between the different speeds/amp draws when needed. I can fish all day with my set up,haven't killed the battery yet.

Posted Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:40 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links