After visiting several lakes in my area, it appears as though most of the lakes in my area are still very low. Glassgo, and all major lakes down stream, pawchaug, hopeville, are all low. Billings was also drawn down what looked to be about five feet or so. I did see wyassup down, but have not checked it over the past month. I dont know if they will be back to full by opening day, but it makes my choice for where to go much harder.

Posted Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:04 pm

That's what can happen after such a mild winter, BRING ON THE RAIN to fill 'em back up!

Posted Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:27 am

i have some real good days on the water right before a big rain, so bring it on!!!!!

Posted Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:33 pm

The only lake in the area that i know is still very low is billings. I have yet to check wyassup. The hopville complex of lakes are all good to go.

Posted Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:12 am

We're going to be moving to Beseck in Middlefield(hopefully) in June and the lake is still down 2-3'. The state had dam work and didn't close the gates soon enough to retain water. Last weeks rain helped it come up 3', hopefully tonight's rain and tomorrows will help.

Posted Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:51 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links