Site member John 7110(Big Dog)and I along with 2 co-workers made the trip to R.I. for cod trip.Steady pick all day.Everybody had cod to bring home.Quite a few doggies caught also.John was high hook from our group with 8 and I ended up with 4.Ralph from our crew had the pool winner worth 75 bux.He picked up a nice 12 lber late in the day.There were 18 fares on board(max is 20). We had a great time but the Lung was sorely missed(work emergency).
Thanks again so much John for driving!

Posted Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:54 am

Awesome Guys!!! Very Bummed I was not able to attend.
Good to see you had a great day, way to catch em up!

Posted Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:00 am

Good Job Mr. TBob! Thanks again for the fillets, I'll be having cod for lunch this afternoon!....Oh,oh yeah, GO BEARS!

Posted Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:20 am

I tried fishing the ISLAND CURRENT last year and was not happy with it. We were told there was a 50 passenger limit on board. That was not the case, I personally counted 67 payed passengers and that did not include the four mates. Not to mention the trip was advertised as a 12 Hour trip which only lasted about 6 hours total. My partner and I had limited out and were trying to help some of the least experienced people near us get their share when the trip was terminated for by the captain who told us "The Boat has its limit" as the reason for going in early. He had a lot of pissed off people on board, some who had their LEGAL LIMIT and a lot who did not. Personally my partner and I would not fish on his boat (or boats) again, even If he payed us to do so. I doubt there is a 20 people limit of paying passengers. The mates that worked the boat the day I went on it were superb and always eager to help those in need. I'm not telling you guys this to keep you off your choice of boats. Its just that when I left that boat I felt that I had been lied to and taken advantage of. Personal choices. I know I will never fish with them again and will not ever tell others to go there.

Posted Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:28 am

Hiya Capt Phil, long time no see.

I understand you had a bad trip on the boat, I too had one trip I recall that I was not happy at all. But was happy with most trips on the IC
I also know Capt Chris is a very reasonable guy and if you had major issues I'm sure he would have worked with you to make it right.

That said, even some of my favorite boats seem to let me down on occasion, but I do end up going back because of the good trips I have had in the past.

Also not a ton of choices out of Pt judith, Seven B's , FF and IC
You can jump on a boat from CT but it's a haul.

Hopefully we can hook up and sling some cod over the rail this winter.

Posted Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:18 pm

Very Nice Tbob

Posted Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:19 pm

thanks flea!....we goin back next Monday!!!!!

Posted Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:52 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links