OK she's gone, how did we all make out? I lost power around 9 this morning. Fired up the gen-set around 2 this afternoon. Took a ride around 6 this evening, not looking like I'm getting power back for a week or so! Sad Hope you all are ok! check in if you are able to!

Posted Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:25 pm

Had a quick flicker of power this morning, but never lost it. Both my sisters lost power and may be out for 3-5 days. They are drawing straws as to who gets my generator. My freezer and fridge are now packed with food. Rainfall not that bad in my area. Quinnipiac River was expected to flood everyone out, but it didn't crest near what they thought. Hope everyone made out OK.

Posted Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:14 pm

No power. Be grillin tomorrow. Q river stayed down since they opened the dams Friday. Saw Miss L's striper report. Not surprising. Good for them. Hope everyone is doing ok!

Posted Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:29 pm

My day was pretty boring. Lost the power at 5am. The basement kept dry and nothing was lost from the yard and/or house. Spent the day listening to the radio and reading. My daughter, Molly (1 week old!), slept most the day. Around 3pm I got out with the dog and took a walk. Trees were down up the hill. There was a bit of excitement when I discovered a fox sheltering under my rowboat. Hoisted a few not-so-cold beers and went to bed early.

Pre-hurricane fishing can be pretty awesome. I was camping on the Maine coast during a hurricane (Bob?) and it was the best shore fishing I've ever experienced. Striped bass from sun-up to sun-down and at any tide. A few Bluefish mixed in and even small Pollock were making runs at the rocks now and then, but I never hooked any. The fish of the day was a 38" bass taken on a mackerel pattern J-plug. I ended up evacuating to a hotel before nightfall. Fishing became impossible anyhow.

Posted Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:40 am

Lost power around 12:30 PM Sunday. 9 year old grandson said it was the worst day of his life, no tv, no video games, no dvds.....
Just got word that power was restored about an hour ago, so just under 24 hrs w/o juice, now it will be a challange to see what in the frig and deep freezer survived.

P.S. canoe and kayak tucked safely away on the north end of the house, not a scratch!

Posted Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:12 am

Lost power at about 5:00 PM Sun for almost exactly 24 hours
Major mess with all the trees in my yard but no damage.

Th CT and Farmington...are WAY up.

Congrats on your new daughter Prota My daughter, Molly (1 week old!),

Posted Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:10 pm

Thanks, Lung. I've already apologized to her for all the fishing her da will be doing until she's old enough to come along...

Posted Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:26 am

Wow, didn't notice the baby thing, Congrats from here too!

Posted Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:04 am

Congrats on the recent addition to your family, Prota.

Posted Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:31 pm

Just got power back yesterday and internet sometime last night. Lost a few trees around my house but no damage to our place. Congrats on the new addition Pop!

Posted Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:47 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links