Decided to grow my beard out over the winter. Got pretty ridiculous. My kids at school wanted me to shave mutton chops. I told them that if they raised $100 for www.give2thetroops.org I would shave it into the style they selected before it goes for good. $111.11 later, this is how I have to go to work tomorrow. My wife is just glad it will all be over Tuesday. Gen. Ambrose Burnside was the inspiration.

Posted Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:47 pm

from an active duty guy, all i can say is thanks. Great way to have fun and support a worth while cause....

Posted Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:52 pm

what a good cause

Posted Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:14 pm

Plus, the beard covers some of the ugly (Bonus!) maybe not quite enough, but I did spread the web page via Facebook!

Posted Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:06 pm

'Chops I went to school in this week. Kids donated money to Give2TheTroops for me to shave my beard into these before I got rid of it! Definitely turned some heads. Mailed off the check along with letters from the kids to soldiers in Afghanistan. We've got a really great group of kids who formed an organization called BRAVE (Bringing Remembrance (to) All Veterans Everywhere). They've done some really outstanding work to benefit the men and women who've served and are serving our country. I'm really proud of them.

Last edited by redneckangler on Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:00 pm

realy completes the act with the flanel and the camo....

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:04 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links