Strippers are hitting pretty good on Sand worms but all I seem to be getting is last years babies. Grrrrr! I've been going out late in the day untill dark. What a nice warm weekend!!!

Posted Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:53 am

I am gonna give it a try wednesday after work.Will let you know how we do.

Posted Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:08 pm

Fished from 4 til 8....launched at rocky hill.......caught nothing!Threw all kinds of things at them but not a sniff.Even finished the night with tube n worm.......nothing doing......5 or 6 boats with us and saw only one fish landed.

Posted Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:52 pm

Aww,man.I was looking forward to your recon Tbob,unfortunately not the news I expected.I'm going to try on Saturday,let you all know how I do.

Posted Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:58 am

Looking forward to your positive results report!Good Luck!!!

Posted Fri May 01, 2009 10:10 am

Was on the river 6:00 this morning,not much in the way of stripers,one 20 inch schoolie going through Hartford,opted for more bass fishing instead,got a few,nothing big,will post pictures and trip tomorrow,still waiting for "the run".Anybody else go after em?

Posted Sat May 02, 2009 8:12 pm

carp, where did u launch from???

Posted Sat May 02, 2009 8:18 pm

The run is here, I know someone that knows someone that got a keeper last week

Posted Sat May 02, 2009 10:12 pm

I put in at Charter Oak in Hartford and paddled down to Wethersfield Cove,fished just about the whole stretch of river in between but as I said,spent the majority of the time(more like half) bass fishing because the striper bite didn't seem to be happening,there were quite a few boats out there and I didn't see anyone hooked up,I'm not saying no one got any stripers on that stretch yesterday,I just didn't see anyone boat one.I threw all the usual stuff at em,sluggos,Fin-s,PowerBait eels,large crank baits,ended up getting a schoolie on a shadrap.According to my depth finder,there appeared to be alot of bait in the river,5-10 feet down in the main channel(shad?).Here's the dink I got.

Posted Sun May 03, 2009 8:03 am

Thinking about casting from shore tonight for a couple of hours,not sure if I'll be able to swing it though.

Posted Sun May 03, 2009 8:07 am

I know someone, who knows someone, who knows someones brothers, aunts, sisters, husbands fathers, that caught a keeper last week. Stay tuned dude, The winning fish comes soon........Ha Ha Ha Ha Laughing

Posted Sun May 03, 2009 10:04 pm

Did go out for an hour last night for a test run,just as I suspected everyone started packing up right at dusk because the cops DO close the area that I wanted to start nightfishing at (Charter Oak Landing).Threw a 6 inch Xrap,nada.One guy did take a fish home but it was suspect in my opinion,barely legal if that,like an 18 year old teeny-bopper,he was trying to be discreet with it.

Posted Mon May 04, 2009 1:57 pm

Still slow for me too but using light tackle for the small ones is ok. I had better luck with other species that I will post elsewhere and add a new pic.

Posted Mon May 04, 2009 6:29 pm

slows not the word....just plain dead. I've been out a night or to this week. I got a few fish up to 27" I didn't do too well tonight though, only one short. I did however fish with a guy the other night who got a few in the couple hours we were out. Beginners luck I guess. There's not a whole lot of bait up here I guess. Nor fish for that matter. If anyone can say any different I'd love to hear about it..... My keepers coming Wed. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Better get on the water Matt...

Posted Mon May 04, 2009 9:35 pm

Fishing North of Hartford, by the way..

Posted Mon May 04, 2009 9:42 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links