Once again the slimy politicians are attacking our sport of fishing.
This is serious stuff, and we need to stand together.
Please take a minute and respond accordingly to this link.
It can't get much easier than this.

http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/o/6394/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=3136

Last edited by aqualung on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:23 am

Done Lung. We all need to stop this crap I hope we get 100% involvement from our board members!

Posted Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:25 am

Think about how much lead we use fishing and think about how much lead we actually loose fishing and then think about how much water is out thereā€¦.. we have not come close to harming the environment if you think about it we are actually giving back what we took from it. I make my own weights and if they ban lead I will continue to use my own weights.. tungsten is way to expensive to use and the new tin weights are very light compared to lead. The people who are trying to pass this have no idea the impact it will have.

Lung im on your side

Posted Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:38 am

Great....tnx guys

let's hope EVERYONE takes 30 seconds to help.

Posted Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:47 am

I already did it directly at KeepAmericaFishing.org. The lead ban is just another missdirected, well intentioned, knee jerk reaction to "do something" good for the environment with out considering the actual benefit. (In this case little IF ANY at all). The "do-gooders" strike again with out consideration for unintended consequences. Similar to lungs other post http://www.ctfishfinder.com/phpBB2/stripers-forever-needs-our-help-t3810.html
aqualung

Once again the slimy politicians are attacking our sport of fishing. This is serious stuff, and we need to stand together. Please take a minute and respond accordingly to this link.
It can't get much easier than this.
http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/o/6394/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=3136

Posted Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:35 pm

I did send a letter to our state reps, as well as the conservation committee. Lets hope this dies in committee.

Posted Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:20 am

Done. This better not pass.

Posted Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:46 am

Another example of politicians wasting time and money on meaningless sh*t, I'm on board!

Posted Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:54 am

From State Rep Melissa Olsen:

I appreciate your input. I understand that this legislation will be
introduced for a hearing before the environment committee on Monday, January 31st. Because of your passion on this issue, I would encourage you to attend the public hearing and submit testimony. Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Melissa

Posted Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:20 am

This site has given alot of support against this bill. We can only hope it dies. You would think they would get on about putting people back to work instead of worrying about a few birds eating lead. I'll still use lead, come and get me . Twisted Evil

Posted Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:39 pm

Many thanks for contacting me regarding Senate Bill 59. Please know
that I expect to vigorously oppose this legislation as I do not believe
it is necessary. I am grateful to hear from you and appreciate your
interest in our work.

Sincerely,

Andrew Roraback
State Senator
30th District

Hopefuly he well follow through.

Posted Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:10 pm

10-4 flea...at least there is one of the clowns that understands the issue. Good to know who he is so we can support him too when he needs.

Posted Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:59 pm

Got the same email as the Sand Flea. I was surprised that he was that passionate about the issue. Must be a fisherman!

Posted Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:06 pm

Me too! gota love it

carp13

Got the same email as the Sand Flea. I was surprised that he was that passionate about the issue. Must be a fisherman!

Posted Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:42 pm

We got a huge organization behind us!

I' a facebook friend with a guy on the tour, he posted this today.

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/bassmaster/conservation/news/story?page=b_con_CT_openletter_110127

In my opinion, that is huge!

Posted Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:48 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links