Rapala values its relationship with its customers and takes pride in the quality and craftsmanship of its Products. Rapala warrants its products against defects in materials or workmanship for a period of one year from the date of purchase.
In the event you are not satisfied with your Rapala purchase, you can return it to us if it is still under warranty. First you will have to download, print and complete our Warranty Return Form. Then, you must ship the Product back to us, along with the Warranty Return Form, in a box or padded envelope to prevent loss of the Product in the mail.
Rapala recommends that you obtain a tracking number, as Rapala will not be able to confirm receipt of your returned Product. You will be responsible for any damage or missing shipments during the return. Rapala does not offer refunds, only replacement products.

This is the information posted on the web site. So if i get a lure and pay 8 dollars, i am better off throwing the defective product in the can and going and getting another. Sounds pretty worthless to me. I have three rapala flat raps, and my firetiger fl-10 had the diving lip fall out. Its not broken off, and there is no other damage to the lure. This is a major quality issue in my book. I have spent a lot of money on rapala's but i may be looking for another vendor!!!!

Posted Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:12 pm

man....I've learned so much about so called "warranties" this year with fishing products.

The object for the companies is to make the product appear "guaranteed." However, in reality, they know it will cost the consumer more time and money to return for a refund then scrap it.

Case in point, my new trolling motor. Two year warranty. 40lb thrust, battery meter, all bells and whistles....but wait, this motor is 50 percent less money then the competition.....and it is SALT water rated....so, I made a poor decision and purchased this motor.

Upon first use, the battery meter did not function properly...it lit all LED's upon departure, but then they all disappeared after five minutes...and this is a fuggin auto sized marine battery..brand new.....so now I had to buy an emergency battery to use, in case my main battery died without me knowing it....to boot, the LED display could not be seen in daylight...it had to be dusk or dark...and it is in a poor position to read...if you are in an inflatable, (this motor was built by the same company as the inflatable and matched for the boat) it is difficult to maneuver around to read it.
Secondly, after my second salt water trip the extendable handle locked in the extended position and would not collapse. This made it more difficult to stow away in the car....next, I woke up the following day to see the metal d rings had all rusted over night...and so did the alligator clips. It took a gallon of WD-40 to get the screws to lock into the transom and back out again.

Next, I'm out in the bay in Waterford and as I'm throttling up, every so often, the motor dies. So I had to place back to zero and begin again...

So basically, I was used as quality control...at my expense and stress...and now I had to call china to report the issues...every day I was told something different....finally I was told another motor would be shipped to me and should arrive in a few days.

No motor ever came and I called back. The rep from the company said he had no record of anything and asked if I would like to open a claim. Its difficult not to lose it at that point. I was like listen man, I know you dont run the company this is not your fault, but this is BS....yes, open whatever you have to do, let do it properly this time...so I tell him about the battery meter problem...he didnt even want to know about the rust issues and everything else...he basically refused to take that info...and at the end of the call he says, we dont have any of these motors in stock...this was in July...Im like, man, this is a seasonal warranted product. How can you say that. You must have extras to cover your warranty...well apparently they sold them all to vendors and decided it would be more economical to handle things that way....
I received a new motor last week. Its the same one..no changes...so what is the point!

Since the company you made your purchase with has been around for a LONG time and someone probably does value their customer relations...I think you should google the CEO make a couple calls and send some Email.....In my case, the owner CEO is in china and all methods of contact are completely hidden. In fact, I read up about them and their primary product is pools and filters with which no chemicals are needed apparently...Ive read so many complaints from consumers about faulty product from them and they were treated in the same fashion as myself. Seasonal pool, breaks down, no product in stock, wait until the fall for replacement..etc

Posted Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:57 pm

Interesting, Y0-Zuri is willing to pay for return shipping

Returning items purchased online

You can return any item that was purchased online within 30 days of your purchase. All items must be in the original un-opened package and must include your original sales receipt. These items can be returned either at our store or can be mailed to us. Items returned after 30 days will not be accepted.
For all damaged or defective items, shipping cost will be reimbursed by Yo-Zuri America, Inc. All you have to do is attach the shipping cost receipt and send it to us along with your original sales receipt and the item. Please do not ship your merchandise using COD or by air. We will not accept the COD and will only pay the amount for ground shipping.

To return an item please provide us with the following information:

Original receipt with the item you purchased
Your name
Your address
Your e-mail address
Phone number – your daytime contact number
A letter that lists the reason for your return and whether it’s a replacement or refund you want

In case of a refund, your refund will be processed with the same method which was used to buy the item.

You can send the item using any ground service you want to the following address:

Yo-Zuri America Customer Returns
668 N W Enterprise Drive
Port St. Lucie, FL

Posted Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:07 pm

that is a heck of a better deal. Don't think there is a chance in hell that i have a receipt laying around but at least there policy is very reasonable. I like there pinns minnows a lot. This is my second major failure with rapala and i might go as far as a third strike before i write them off. Rapala is not getting any of my new business. Pure fishing has a lot of garbage policies. I have had some decent luck with there fenwick products.

Posted Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:13 pm

BUT...it looks like you only have 30 days...not a year, can't really tell when they get into the defective area, they don't say anything about length of time that I see

Posted Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:31 pm

If you want to buy something and do a price search on the web....you will get great price comparisons...

If you buy a specific product like an inflatable at your local Cabellas for twice the price, you can return, no questions asked. But you paid twice the price. But these other people, stores...sharks.. aint goin to do anything because they don't have a real reputation to cover.

Posted Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:33 pm

Rapala is supposed to be a top quality, bar no expense product. There not as expensive as koppers but quality should not be a question with a name like that. Maybe thats what pure fishing does to there products kill the quality. Hearing all types of problems with loomis since there takeover.

Posted Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:41 pm

Contact the CEO...if they don't kiss your ass then don't buy their crap.

Posted Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:52 pm

interesting, have you ever had any luck trying to contact that type of person? I just imagine trying to call and getting a secretary that is trained to blow off normal joes like me trying to get satisfaction.

Posted Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:54 pm

Honestly...I have...99 percent of the time....I've done it with online video games, with medical billing companies...hospitals and even with medical military issues....you just have to make contact, state your case and move to the next contact....at the very worst, our atty general has been very helpful with my situations....

Posted Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:58 pm

Unfortunately rapalas are not top quality. I have a buddy that uses them and has broken a couple lips on crankbaits. I personally do not use rapalas. I might have a few but never really use them. I recently had a tip break on my abu garcia vertis rod. It has a 2 year warranty on it, of course it I had to pay to ship it back in a nice long oversized box. It was around $20 if I remember correctly. They did sent me another pole which was brand new but I was out the $20. The good thing about buying cabelas branded stuff is they will usually take it back no questions asked and not hassle you. You just have to make the ride there.

Posted Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:01 pm

Rapala went into the fishing line biz and now are in bed with Suffix. It's important to let them know you are a loyal customer and are aware of their direction...and the importance of "word of mouth."

Posted Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:09 pm

Also, to clarify, in situations such as these, you are correct, you most likely will never get a response from the CEO. However, if you are patient and start by writing to the CEO in a respectful and professional manner, you will get a response. Because it is their job to field loyal customers like yourself so the CEO does not... So, if you do not feel satisfied with the response, state it and make it known you do know the name and contact number of the CEO and you will be contacting them with the reps name and poor response. You WILL get results.

Posted Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:23 pm

Three days after sending pics and info to this site, I received my new motor.

http://www.scambook.com/

Posted Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:28 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links