Thinking about getting a larger boat. If you know of anyone selling or know of one available let me know. I kind of like the walk around cuddy style, but would consider a center console.
Basically a roomy fishing boat, that is in turn key condition.
I have seen stuff out there that from 5500-16000.
I would like to stay below the $10,000 mark if possible.
Thanks

Posted Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:01 pm

Hey bob,i had a 21 foot w/a proline for the last 12 years.Sold it this year.Anything over 21 foot is a lot of boat to tow.I dont know if you plan on keeping it docked or not.You looking for inboard or out board?Definitley some good deals out there.I like the cuddy cabin especially long weekend striper tourneys. A place to warm up get out of the rain.also blocks a lot of spray and wind in rough seas. Man i got a buy a lottery ticket.

Posted Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:32 pm

I hear ya Matt...if I ended up with something bigger than a 21 footer I would do the slip thing. I thought the cuddy would be a good idea, even if it's a place to keep things dry.
There are a lot of boats out there, some with I/O's which I have never owned, so they scare me off a little.
Some have twin 150's or 200's outboards...not really knowing the condition of the engines that concerns me because if I had to repair or repower that would be a disaster.

Last edited by aqualung on Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:53 pm

My 1976 Crusers inc single 150. It's a 21 ft cuddy. Not a true walk around, but has a little larger cabin. All I have owned was boats with outboards, but my father had a few. I also have a few friends that have I/Os. There are a few things that bother me about I/O. First, you an not get the lower unit out of the water completely. Also, most have that dam engine hood right in the way of the transom. Boats that have deep hulls, will have a shorter hood, but it's still there. Another is the hose, linkages, wire, and belows. It seems to me that water is just waiting to get in through one of them. There is just too much maintenance that goes along with I/Os. However, they are alot better on gas than a 2 stroke outboard.

Of cource that is just my opinion. Hope this helps ya.

Posted Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:37 pm

i/ob the motors are good its always the outdrives the problem.Gimball bearings.Thats all you see is adds for rebuilt out drives.I prefer the out board. anything over 150 h.p. your sucking gas.Slips are cheap this year 85$ a foot.Same slip 2 years ago 115$Theres always the option of keeping your boat on the trailer at the marina.About $500 a season.A couple of my friends do that.Save on gas and wear and tear.

Posted Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:51 am

Hey Lung,when you pull the trigger on that deal,I know a guy whose pretty good at baggin fish.You might want to ask him to mate on yer boat.I think he's probably available mid-March till mid-November! Very Happy

Posted Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:38 pm

BUT!! Does he know how to prepare hot dogs and Hot Pockets is the question??....Anyone can bag Laughing

Posted Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:00 pm

aqualung

BUT!! Does he know how to prepare hot dogs and Hot Pockets is the question??....Anyone can bag Laughing

not everyone! my nets have been empty lately! Sad

Posted Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:06 pm

Then let me introduce you to ground fishing Hertzy Wink

Posted Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:37 pm

Ya know Lung,I have a hunch that not only does this guy know how to preoare hotdogs and hot pockets but if you ask him nicely,he'll probably supply them!

Posted Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:04 am

this don't look bad. It's right at your price limit, but he's looking at trades.

http://providence.craigslist.org/boa/1593936132.html

Posted Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:15 am

Thanks Hertzy, that's a nice looking rig but I'm pretty sure I want a cuddy.
This boat I cam across looks interesting, it lacks the walk around, but I like the enclosure. It comes with an trailer also and the price seems right.
http://providence.craigslist.org/boa/1585874617.html

In actually looking I am finding plenty of boats, trying to determine which ones have good engines and are in fairly reasonable shape from ads can be difficult

Posted Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:27 am

wow that alot of boat! I see that is comes with a trailer, but that's not something you would trailer all the time. Right?

Posted Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:41 am

NO I wouldn't be trailering it around much. I will either get a slip...or ideally a marina that would let me keep it on a trailer like big wiggler
suggested to me. You're right it is a lot of boat, and no necessarily the boat I will end up with. I want a larger but not too big due to fuel economy, but at the same time don't want to be constantly concerned about the weather when I decide to go fishing.
You get the day off cause of the weather hertzy, don't see you on much during a week day.

Posted Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:10 am

I been talking to a guy about this one also
I can get a pretty good deal on it, a little more than I wanted to spend...but looks pretty clean

Last edited by aqualung on Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:15 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links