thunderstorm trout

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well it seems the only time i can get out lately is when it raining.this morn i was awakened by a good thunderstorm.after a few cups of coffee,going on the computer,and watching the weather.i decieded to head out.my first stop was in hampton on the little river.i worked up and down in the deep pools for an hour,and the only thing i landed was a 4 inch shad,so i decieded to leave,as i was going to my car,i could hear thunder in the distance,i checked the radar on my cell phone,it looked like it was just going to brush me.so i headed over to bibbons pond in windham.when i got there i wasn't raining,a few fish jumping so i headed to the spillway with my sinking line,on my first cast, fish on!!,ended up being a nice crappie

then a blue gill,on the next cast,then it started to rain,buckets,and buckets,so i sat in the car for about 10 min untill it passed

[URL=http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h142/bigoutdoors/?action=view&current=0508000833.flv]
[/URL]

after that passed i headed back out,this time i brought out the floating line with the strike indicater.made a few cast,nothing.then it started again,thunder and rain,this time i stayed out.made a cast,worked the fly,down goes the indicater,nice 15 inch rainbow

the storm passed and i landed a few more crappie,and bluegill.i did have a nice fish on,but snapped me off,dont know what it was.
then i heard more thunder and dark clouds moveing over,so i called it quits.
as i was headed ing home i was passing 3 ponds.so i stopped walked in,it was starting to rain pretty good,i made 4 cast,landed anouter 15

by this time it was storming reall good so headed home

Posted Sat May 08, 2010 7:28 pm

Good job Big O!You def are persistent fightin the storms!!! Good to see a report from you and keepem comin!!!

Posted Sat May 08, 2010 7:48 pm

its been tooo long since i made a report,lol

Posted Sat May 08, 2010 7:56 pm

I know...waaayyyy toooo long.....hope to see another one soon.

Posted Sun May 09, 2010 4:46 pm

Good report Big-O,sounded like some pretty good fishing too!

Posted Mon May 10, 2010 6:00 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links