If all goes according to plan "The Shark" and I are will be squid'n tomorrow night on the Frances Fleet.
Will let you know how we do.

Last edited by aqualung on Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:08 pm

I'll be checking to see how it goes. I saw the Shark at Memorial Day ceremonies yesterday and he told me about this site and the trip you are going on. I'm new here but not new to fishing. R

Posted Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:51 pm

I recognize your name rocketman from a pay site I once belonged to Cool
We very well may have bumped into each other on the river if you fish the river up here.

the Shark doesn't post here very much at all, maybe you will inspire him Wink

Posted Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:03 pm

welcome aboard rocketman!....hope you can be an active guy here.
we need all we can get!

have fun squiddin Lung!

Posted Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:31 pm

I have met Aqualung through the shark before. I was quite active on the pay site for a # of years. I tried 1 year after it went subscription and decided to give it up. Hope to catch on here as time goes by. Have fun squidding. (never done it myself)

Posted Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:01 pm

Good luck 'Lung.

Posted Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:05 pm

mmmmm...... c a l a m a r i ! Welcome aboard RM!

Posted Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:39 pm

carp13

mmmmm...... c a l a m a r i ! Welcome aboard RM!

Like I keep telling my wife..............................IT"S BAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:49 pm

Thanks for the support guys the "Good Luck's" payed off.
We smacked em last night, first hour and a half was dead, then all hell broke loose for the next 3 hours.
It was a very foggy night, but comfortable.
The boat was basically empty which made the trip that more enjoyable.
There was a special guest on board, Boomer the mates pup, he was a lot of fun to have along, even if he did eat half of Marks roast beef sandwich Wink

Mark having a place to stay 2 minutes from the boat was also great, so we tipped a few during the evening and headed back to his joint to crash.
I had been watching the reports for the squid fishing and it had been pretty poor with only one night or 2 being OK
The squid were very aggressive hitting, which made catching fairly easy. The Mate Pauly said it was by far the best squid trip this year, so we happened to get lucky.

Small crowd

Boomer the pup

Marks first squid

My triple header

Sink full of squid Wink
[/b]

Cleaned squid

Posted Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:57 pm

aqualung

Cleaned squid

Looks like a couple cleaned "Bud Lites" too.

Posted Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:45 am

Those are BUD HEAVIES.......Lung dont roll with anything LITE!!!
If you ever get to fish with him you will know what I mean.Bwahaha.......nice job there lunger and shark!!!

Posted Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:39 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links