Ok so this is my first spring with a boat, nothing special and im not trying to brag, i just wanted to share this discovery of mine and see what other people thought.
As soon as the ice melted on my favorite lake i've been trying to find all the fish that i saw on my finder last summer with no luck. I finally decided to go to the northern most end of the lake and WOW , what a shock for me. It looks like every bass from this small lake was in this one protected cove. The water was about 2 degrees warmer here than the rest of the lake and there is already weed growth
(everywhere else where there used to be weeds last summer just has slimey algae, i guess some kind of winter trend?)Is there a secret or some connection between north and south ends of a lake durring different seasons. One guy i usded to ask for advice mentioned something about it but i think he didnt want to REALLY let me know. Any feedback would be cool. Thanks (especially about slimey algae! whats up with that?)

Posted Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:54 pm

Something else I noticed was a big school of fish in this northern pocket but Im not sure If they were bass. Probably about six inches long and a school of at least twenty, any guess what they are? They could have been bass but, maybe not.......

Posted Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:36 pm

Hi Online, the north side heats up first due to the angle of the sun and wind conditions. The north side isn't blocked by trees and gets all the sun.

Posted Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:31 pm

On any lake the north end is the first you fish from in the morning then look for rocks or ripraff after that in these cold months. Weed dies off each fall and will come back later. Fish the dying weeds in the fall as well. Glad someone found the bass this week. Smile

Posted Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:43 am

yeah,like everyone said,the north end of any lake is the way to go early season,it can be especially good in a shallow cove or bay with a dark colored bottom.

Posted Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:22 am

Cool.. I actually went back there a few days later and had awesome luck. I went a little after 6 at night and got 2 decent sized bass, a mini crappie, and a huge (well, pretty big anyway) pickrel. Not bad for me for about an hour of fishing......

Posted Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:02 pm

I really think the wind did play a big role in warming up this end of the lake. I didnt give this cove any credit at first beacuse it was the last spot to lose its ice because of the way the trees are growing around it but now its about 2 degrees warmer than the rest of the lake.... and the wind is blowing in its direction almost everytime I have been to this lake so far this year.

Posted Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:06 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links